This article will walk you through the process of how to set up Items and Categories for your property in myfrontdesk.
Note: Items and Categories is a feature for standard and premium myfrontdesk subscribers, if you are currently subscribed to a light version and would like to upgrade, please contact our support team.
Step 2: Navigate to Settings > Items and Categories
Step 3: Select the Categories Tab & + NEW ITEM CATEGORY
Note: You will want to build your categories first as you will need to attach it to items in the next step
Step 4: Add Product Category
- Enter the Category Name
- Enter the Category Code - if applicable
- Select a color to be applicable to category - optional
- Save Item Category
Step 5: Category Completed
- Once you have successfully saved item category it will be listed in the ITEM CATEGORIES section - see below
- You can make additional categories specific to your property by following the previous steps.
Step 6: Editing Categories
1) Select the category that needs to be edited
2) Select the pencil icon to change the area that needs to be modified ( Name, Code or Color)
Step 8: Adding New Product
- Enter Product Name
- SKU Number - REQUIRED ,If you press the tab button in this section the system will automatically assign a SKU Number to item
- Enter Item Code or Product Code - Property specific
- Category - Link item to the designated category
- Description - Optional
- IMPORTANT SECTION
- REQUIRE DESCRIPTION - when this option is selected a BLUE check mark will be visible. This requires that anyone posting charges for this item will be prompted to add a description before it will post to guest account.
- PRICE- enter the price that will be associated with item - required
- If there is no price associated with item - select the box stating "THIS ITEM DOES NOT HAVE PRICE"
Step 9: Adding New Product (Cont.) -
- 6. Select the Drop down-box to add taxes or fees that will be associated to the item
- 7. If the taxes or fees are not listed, you will need to click on the link "CREATE/MODIFY TAX OR FEE"
- 8) Click on the SAVE ITEM BUTTON to ensure that all transactions are saved properly.