This article will walk you through the steps of creating a new reservation on your myfrontdesk platform using the split view option.
Split view can be used to create a split reservation across multiple room types, and does not require continuous availability for the same room type.
On the 'New Reservation' screen you may check availability for specific dates and add accommodations:
1. Select Source of your reservation. If you have an allotted availability for specific Source, ex. Website, it will affect search here.
Tip: selecting Third Party sources will allow you to create a booking for dates with no rates or availability. This is due to the fact that the search requirements are different with Third- Party sources than those of Primary sources.
When creating reservations from OTAs manually (Booking.com, Expedia, etc), the system will require the Source Reservation ID / Third party confirmation number. Make sure to enter the correct reservation ID. Only with this information, the communication between myfrontdesk and the channel manager (myallocator) will be successful in case of modifications or cancellations.
2. Select Check-In date and Check-Out date
3. Enter promo-code if needed: it will apply discount immediately if you have a package with promo code created on the Rate Plans & Packages page.
4. Select Split view: this view can be used to create a split reservation across multiple room types and does not require continuous availability for the same room type.
(Alternative is Simple View - this view searches for availability for the same room type for the entire date range selected - for more information, click here)
5. Display option allows to select, whether to display accommodations available for Base Rates, Rate Plans prices or Packages with promo code
6. Select Accommodations: you can search availability for certain room types
7. Click on Search to display the availability of the given parameters.
8 The Availability screen will display all room types. Those dates that have the red icon means that room type is not available to sell on that particular day. The system will not let you select those options.
9. Select the room type and dates that are applicable for the stay. (Once a room type and day is checked, it will populate in the reservations section below).
Reservation section gives you a brief summary of the dates/room type/price you have selected in the availability section above. The flag symbol represents that this one reservation has split reservations and will require room moves by the guests.
10. If you want, click on "Edit" to change room rate
11. Select the number of Adults, Child, and quantity of rooms
12. Click on the ADD button to proceed to the next step.
- You can create a reservation across multiple room types, but the dates cannot have a gap between them
- The system will prompt an error message if 2 room types are selected on the same day
The example below shows that the guest will be at the property from May 8th to May 10th.
Once I don't have availability on May 9th in Double Room, the split view works perfectly in this case. The guest needs to move from Double Room to Single Room on May 9th.
Note that I don't have gaps between the selected dates.
If the guest needs the following type of booking:
- Check in May 8th / Check out May 9th
-Check in May 11 / Check out May 12
The system will not allow you to make a reservation using the split view with a gap between selected dates as shown below. Please, go ahead and create a new reservation for the second booking.
On the new page, you may start filling in the information about the primary guest. If it's a group booking, you'll be able to add information about them on the next screen.
Mandatory fields are only:
-Email (if you don't have guest's email, you can add a temporary information like firstname.lastname@example.org and update later)
These fields should be always completed and can't be removed or made not mandatory.
1. Enter guest's estimated arrival time (not mandatory)
2. Enter Primary Guest Information
- Cell Phone
- Date of Birth
- Personal Tax ID Number
- Company Name
- Company Tax ID Number
If you have the repeat guest, just start typing his name or email and the system will suggest you the autofill of guest's details.
3. Enter Guest Address
4. Enter Guest Document information
-Type of Document (can be only selected from the drop-down list, more types of documents can be added in the future)
-document issue date
-document issuing country
-document expiration date
5. Take Photo of the gust if you have a webcam or upload a photo
6. Click 'Guests' if you have multiple guests belonging to one reservation,
click Add-Ons if you want to add the add-ons to the booking
click 'Confirm & Pay' if you wish to add the payment to the booking and confirm it.
Additional guest options will only be available if there are one or more occupants assigned to this accommodation type.
You may enter the details of several guests staying at your property.
1. Select the accommodation added previously to the booking
2. Assign the room to the guest (not mandatory)
3. Enter the guest details by following the steps described above
If you want the system to auto-populate the information from the primary guest, leave the fields blank.
- Review Reservation Summary - Displays guest reservation in detail
- Accommodation Summary - Displays room accommodations
- Price Summary - Displays room rates, taxes, totals and suggested deposit if applicable In the payment information, it will display the type of payment used.
- Option to automatically check-in guest to room upon completing the reservation. If the room was not already pre-assigned in the guest details section then a pop-up box will appear for you to assign room.
- Guests - Goes back to the previous step
- Click on Confirm Reservation to complete the process. A pop-up box will ask if you want to send email to the guest before proceeding, you can either select send or continue without sending.
The solid line between accommodations represents 1 separate reservation, the other accommodation has a split during their stay
- The solid line (red) in between reservations means that particular reservation does not have a split accommodation during their stay.
- The dotted line (blue) with the flag symbol represents that particular reservation has split accommodations and will require room moves during their stay.
You are done!