The invoice is a document issued to the guest outlining all the transactions associated with a reservation, including room rates, payments, adjustments, and additional products sold. Generating an invoice is useful to show the guest how much they owe along with a breakdown of all the charges.
Access Invoicing Page
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner
- Select 'Invoicing' tab
1. Users Permissions
Taking into account PII (Personal Identifiable Information), only the users with PII view permission will be allowed to view invoices.
You can find further details about myfrontdesk roles on the following article: Roles and Permissions
If the permissions to view PII is disabled, the user:
- Will be able to generate the invoices and email the invoice to the guest
- Will not be allowed to open the invoice and see the details. If they try, the following warning will be displayed
2. Generate the Invoices
- Access the desired reservation
- Click on 'Actions' menu
- Select 'Generate New Invoice'
- Select the folio(s) for which you want to generate an invoice
Learn more about how to create several invoices based on different folios here: Can I create an Invoice for each guest?
- You may see the list of all the invoices created on the reservation page by clicking the 'Documents' tab
- Select 'Invoices' on the left side of the screen