You maybe would like the reservation to be paid for in full prior to check-in - myfrontdesk allows you to enable/disable this feature. Please check the instructions below
If you have the feature to Require the full payment amount of the reservation to be collected prior to check-in enabled and a user tries to check in a guest who still owes money (has a balance due), the user will see the following warning message:
On your myfrontdesk account:
- Navigate to Manage > Policies
- Click on the Deposit tab
- In this section, you have the option to "Require the full payment amount of the reservation to be collected prior to check-in" - Select whether you would like the reservation to be paid for in full prior to check-in.
Selecting Yes will prohibit the user from being able to check in this reservation until the full amount of the reservation has been paid and posted.
Option 1 - Add a Payment
After the user receives the warning, they will need to post the remaining amount of the reservation to bring the balance due to a zero balance.
To learn know to post a payment on reservation's folio, check out the following article
Option 2 - User Permission
Depending on the user role/permissions, the property owner can allow the user to manage this feature by themselves:
- Access the Roles Tab under the User Management section
- Click to edit the corresponding role
- Click to enable user's role to edit the Hotel Policies
- Once it's done, the user will be able to access the Polices tab and disable the feature by following the steps on 'How to Enable/Disable' section above
To learn more about users roles, visit this article: Roles and Permissions