This article will show you how to enable/disable the Full Payment Requirement feature if you would like the reservation to be paid for in full prior to check-in.
You will learn how to adjust these settings to check in a guest which reservation has a remaining balance.
If you have the feature to Require the full payment amount of the reservation to be collected prior to check-in enabled, and a user tries to check in a guest who still owes money (has a balance due), the user will see the following warning message:
How to enable/disable the Full Payment Requirement feature
- Click on Manage (gear icon).
- Go to the General System Settings.
- Click the toggle to enable or disable the Require the full payment amount of the reservation to be collected prior to check-in feature.
- Click Save.
Selecting Yes will prohibit the user from being able to check in this reservation until the full amount of the reservation has been paid and posted.
How to proceed with check-in
Check out the following article to learn How to Add / Post Payment to Reservation as a Record (Without Using Payment Gateway Processing).
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Depending on the user role/permissions, the property owner can allow the user to manage this feature by themselves:
- Access the Roles Tab under the User Management section.
- Click to edit the corresponding role.
- Click to enable user's role to edit the Hotel Policies.
- Once it's done, the user will be able to access the General System Settings tab and disable the feature by following the steps on the How to enable/disable the Full Payment Requirement section above.
Learn more about Roles and Permissions.