This article will walk you through the process of adding promotion codes to special rate plans and packages for your property in Cloudbeds PMS.
- Promo Codes will not be shared with the rate plans that are synced with Distribution Channels. Meaning, guests can not use the promotional codes when booking through a third-party.
- These promos will only be available for walk-ins or direct bookings via your booking engine on your website.
- Click Rates and Availability.
- Go to Rate Plans & Packages.
For more details on how rate plans & packages work in Cloudbeds PMS, refer to How to Add Rate Plans and Packages.
- Click on +NEW RATE PLAN.
- Add the Public Rate plan/package name.
- Enter the private Rate Plan Name.
- Choose whether your rate plan will be derived or not (selecting Yes will give an option to increase/adjust percentage or certain sum to your Base Rates)
- Select Yes next to Promotion Code section.
- Type the promo code for the package. Once you start typing the code, a promotion link will appear to the right.
Promo code field isn’t case sensitive.
- Due to the system's limitations, the maximum value that can be input as a discount is 99.99%.
- When the Base Rate is set to any amount below $50, and the Derived Rate Plan is set to -99.99%, the room will not show availability due to 0 rate.
You may also add Policies, Add-ons and Images for your rate plan under Promotion Code section but this is not mandatory.
- Scroll down to Availability section and click + Add Interval button.
- Click SAVE INTERVAL to finish.
- Click SAVE again to complete the New Rate Plan.
- Add a Start Date for the promotion.
- Select an End Date for when you wish your promo to expire.
- Select for which room types the rate plan with promo code will be available.
- Set up a price for any additional guests. You will be able to choose to use same price for additional guest existed for the base rate or to use a different price for this specific rate plan.
On this section you can manage different restrictions like MinLos, Cut-Off Policy but these fields are not mandatory.
Once rate plan/package has been saved, it will appear on the Rate Plans & Packages page.
- It is possible to apply the same promo code to more than one Rate Plan.
- All the Rate Plans with the same Promo Code will be displayed in the booking engine as long as the reservation dates meet the rate plan intervals criteria, and the corresponding minLos restrictions.