This article will walk you through the steps of creating a new reservation on your myfrontdesk platform using the simple view option.
On the 'New Reservation' screen you may check availability for specific dates and add accommodations:
1. Select Source of your reservation. If you have have allotted availability for specific Source, ex. Website, it will affect search here.
Tip: selecting Third Party sources will allow you to create a booking for dates with no rates or availability. This is due to the fact that the search requirements are different with Third- Party sources than those of Primary sources.
When creating reservations from OTAs manually (Booking.com, Expedia, etc), the system will require the Source Reservation ID / Third party confirmation number. Make sure to enter the correct reservation ID. Only with this information, the communication between myfrontdesk and the channel manager (myallocator) will be successful in case of modifications or cancellations.
2. Select Check-In date and Check-Out date
3. Enter promo-code if needed: it will apply discount immediately if you have a package with promo code created on the Rate Plans & Packages page.
4. Select Simple view : This option will search for availability for the same room type for the entire date range selected.
(alternative is Split View: this view can be used to create a split reservation across multiple room types and does not require continuous availability for the same room type
5. Display option allows to select, whether to display accommodations available for Base Rates, Rate Plans prices or Packages with promo code
6. Select Accommodations: you can search availability for certain room types
7. Click on Search to display the availability of the given parameters.
8. Under 'Availability' section the system will suggest to choose from accommodations available, according to selected parameters.
Those dates that have the red icon means that room type is not available to sell on that particular day.
9. Click on "Edit" to change room rate
10. Select the number of Adults, Child, and quantity of rooms
11. Click on the ADD button to proceed to the next step.
12. You may see all accommodations added to the booking on the left side of the screen
Once accommodations has been selected, the summary tab on the bottom of screen will automatically populate: Sub-Total, Grand Total, Taxes and Fees, Suggested Deposit (if applicable), and Balance Due.
Click on 'Booking Details' to proceed
On new page you may start filling in the information about the primary guest. If it's a group booking, you'll be able to add information about them on the next screen.
Mandatory fields are only:
-Email (if you don't have guest's email, you can add a temporary information like email@example.com and update later)
These fields should be always completed and can't be removed or made not mandatory.
1. Enter guest's estimated arrival time (not mandatory)
2. Enter Primary Guest Information
- Cell Phone
- Date of Birth
- Personal Tax ID Number
- Company Name
- Company Tax ID Number
If you have the repeat guest, just start typing his name or email and the system will suggest you the autofill of guest's details.
3. Enter Guest Address
4. Enter Guest Document information
-Type of Document (can be only selected from the drop-down list, more types of documents can be added in the future)
-document issue date
-document issuing country
-document expiration date
5. Take Photo of the gust if you have a webcam or upload a photo
6. Click 'Guests' if you have multiple guests belonging to one reservation,
click 'Add-Ons if you want to add the add-ons to the booking,
click 'Confirm & Pay' if you wish to add payment to the booking and confirm it.
Additional guest options will only be available if there are one or more occupants assigned to this accommodation type.
You may enter the details of several guests staying at your property.
1. Select the accommodation added previously to the booking
2. Assign the room to the guest (not mandatory)
3. Enter the guest details by following the steps described above
If you want the system to auto-populate the information from the primary guest, leave the fields blank.
- Review Reservation Summary - Displays guest reservation in detail
- Accommodation Summary - Displays room accommodations
- Price Summary - Displays room rates, taxes, totals and suggested deposit if applicable In the payment information, it will display the type of payment used.
- Option to automatically check-in guest to room upon completing the reservation. If the room was not already pre-assigned in the guest details section then a pop-up box will appear for you to assign room.
- Goes back to the previous step
- Click on Confirm Reservation to complete the process. A pop-up box will ask if you want to send email to the guest before proceeding, you can either select send or continue without sending.