This article will walk you through the process on how to set up Items for your property in myfrontdesk. During setup our implementation will help make sure that your existing items for your property are accurate but in the event it needs to be changed or modified then please follow these steps.
Step 2: Click on "Settings" gear icon and then "Items and Services"
Step 4: Adding New Product
- Enter Product Name
- SKU Number - REQUIRED ,If you press the tab button in this section the system will automatically assign a SKU Number to item
- Enter Item Code or Product Code - Property specific
- Category - Link item to the designated category
- Description - Optional
- IMPORTANT SECTION
- REQUIRE DESCRIPTION - when this option is selected a BLUE check mark will be visible. This requires that anyone posting charges for this item will be prompted to add a description before it will post to guest account.
- PRICE- enter the price that will be associated with item - required
- If there is no price associated with item - select the box stating "THIS ITEM DOES NOT HAVE PRICE"
Step 5: Adding New Product - cont'd
7) Select the Drop down-box to add taxes or fees that will be associated to the item
If the taxes or fees are not listed, you will need to click on the link "CREATE/MODIFY TAX OR FEE"
8) Click on the SAVE ITEM BUTTON to ensure that all transactions are saved properly.