The article below will show you how to add payment or refund to your House Account.
To learn more about House Account and its functionality, check the article House Account Overview.
In order to add the payment to house account, follow the steps below:
1. Go to House Accounts page and click on House Account where the payment should be added
2. Click 'Add/Refund Payment' button and select 'Add Payment'
3. Enter amount
4. Enter Payment Method
5. Choose to either charge (only for accounts with payment gateway enabled) or record previous payment (don't charge)
- Post with current date and time - When this box is checked the current date and time will be posted for the transaction when you click "Continue" button. You can uncheck if you are adding a transaction for the past.
- Enter and store credit card details - Check the box if you are charging a card with details not already in the system.
- the date of processed payment can only be the current date and can't be set to the past or future even if Post with current date and time option is off (this option puts a date of transaction = today, but disabling it doesn't mean you can process payment for a future or past date)
- This functionality does not work with cash payment
If you choose the 'Record previous payment (Don't charge)' option, the system will add the payment as a record and won't charge the card.
6. Input the card information
7. Add notes if desired
8. Click 'Continue'
You can allocate the payment to specific revenue item if you have this functionality enabled.
Learn more about payment allocation in our Knowledge Base: Payment Allocation
You may void the payment (delete the record) by clicking the "x" sign next to it. Please note: Cash payments can't be voided after 24 hours.
In order to add the refund to house account, follow the steps below:
1. Go to House Accounts page and click on House Account where the refund should be added
2. Click 'Add/Refund Payment' button and select 'Refund Payment'
3. Select Payment Type
Choose Refund Type
4. Capture/Note Existing Refund - will add refund as a record to your house account, won't refund previously charged amount to credit card
5. Refund Payment Gateway Transaction - will actually process refund to previously charged credit card through myfrontdesk (will only be active with payment processing option enabled)
6. Enter the refund amount
7. Select the date
8. Enter the notes
9. Click 'Add Payment'
You can allocate the refund to specific revenue item if you have this functionality enabled.
Learn more about refund/payment allocation in our Knowledge Base: Payment Allocation
Refund will appear on House Account in blue color
It's not possible to delete a refund!