With the House Accounts feature, you may create multiple House Accounts that enable users to register transactions for items that are not connected to any specific room, guest, or reservation.
This article will walk you through the House Account functionality.
This feature requires the Cloudbeds Plus plan or higher/equivalent.
Please send an email to email@example.com or reach out to your market manager if you'd like to upgrade.
This functionality allows you create multiple House Accounts, which enable users to register transactions that are not connected to any specific room, guest, or reservation.
- For example: There's a bar in your property that is open to your guests and to people not staying with you. When someone is ordering an item that cannot be added to reservation or is ordered by a person who isn't staying in your hotel - you may add the item to House Account
- You may also add a refund, adjustment, tax, or room revenue that is not related to any reservation. The table with payments, adjustments, voids and refund is very easy to filter and the transactions are displayed in different colors according to their type
- It is possible to filter the data added and export the report generated
- You cannot delete a House Account. Users with the specific permission enabled may only close the account.
- If you have payment processing connected, you are able to charge or refund the credit card used for a purchase added to the house account
- House Account functionality is not designed to register accounts payable/suppliers (water/electricity bills, staff salary, etc
- It is not possible to remove saved credit cards from a House Account
- Go to House Account tab on the top of the screen
- Click New House Account
- Enter House Account title
- Select whether you want to make the house account available only for your user
- If this checkbox is selected, only you will be able to access this house account. None of the other users will be able to view this account.
- Click Add House Account
The house account will appear on House Account page
- Click on the pencil icon to Edit the house account
- Edit the House Account name
- Click Save
- Go to House Account page and click on the desired House Account
- Click on the Status button and choose Open to open the account or Closed to close it
You may search for a House Account using the filter on the House Accounts page. Just click Filter status and select the status of the account you're looking for
To learn more on how to integrate with Poster, please visit their Connection Guide
If you are using the Poster POS integration connected to myfrontdesk, you are able to post transactions directly from Poster in the House Account.
All orders which were not assigned to a guest will be sent to House Account.
If you use cash shifts within Poster, they will create one House Account per shift for each location you have created. For example, you have two locations in one account: My Coffee House and My Awesome Bar; Poster will create separate house accounts as seen in the image below.
As soon as you close an order it will appear in House Account. When you close the shift, Poster will close House Account.
If you don't use a cash shift, Poster will divide your sales by calendar days.