If you forget your Cloudbeds login or password, you have the option to reset it. This tutorial will show you how to reset your password. In this article, you will also find issues that may occur during password reset and how to solve them.
1. Navigate to www.cloudbeds.com and click on the login link on the top right of your screen
2. Under the fields for email and password click the link "Forgot your password? Click Here"
3. Enter your Cloudbeds account email and click 'SUBMIT'
Note: This should be the email you have used to login or your user email
4. Password Reset Email will be sent to your email
If something went wrong and you need to request new password reset, you have to wait 5 minutes before requesting it again
5. Check the mailbox for the email entered previously and then click on the 'Change Password' button
6. You will be redirected to the page to set a new password.
Once redirected, enter a new password and confirm it. Then, click 'Change'.
Your Password must be strong and have the following security parameters:
- At least 8 alphanumeric characters
- At least 1 upper-case letter
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 special character
- Can not be same as the email
The word Cloudbeds and its variations are considered unsafe. The system will not allow the creation of a password that includes any of these words.
Examples of variations:
7. If the password was reset successfully, you will see the notification: as shown below.
Click 'Back to login' and enter your email and the new password
If you have attempted to reset the password several times and received "Password reset request has expired" error when clicking the link in an email - the reason can be the following:
- User requests password reset (email #1)
- Your email system had issues or was slow at the time the reset link was requested to be sent, as result the email delivery is delayed
- User requests reset again (can only be done after 15 minutes) and the email #2 with reset link is sent
- The email #1 is delivered to the user but the link in it is expired (because there was a new reset request)
- The email #2 is delayed and the user requests the password reset again (email #3) ....
The reason behind the error is that the user clicks on link not in the last email, but on the emails which came with delay. Only the last email sent by the system will contain the working link.
To resolve the problem the user needs to wait until the email comes and do not attempt to reset the password too frequently.
Before attempting to reset the password again - wait 20-30 min, check your mailbox (spam, trash folders), refresh mailbox several times and try to re-login to your mailbox. It can be that the email with the working link wasn't yet delivered and you try to click on the link in old email.
- Password reset link works only one time
- Once sent, the link is only valid for 15 minutes
- If you request a password reset and then request it again, the link in the first email becomes invalid
- Your login password can't be the same as your credit card viewing password