This report is under the Financial Reports section. Some transactions refer to Revenue for the property such as food and beverage charges, and Room and Tax charges (debits). Other transactions refer to payments made by the guest, such as credit card or cash payments (credits).
This article will assist you in generating a variety of financial reports for your property from the transaction report section.
How to Access
Navigate to Reports > Financial Reports > Transactions
When opening up the report you can filter by:
- Reservation #, Room # or Guest Name
- From Date - To Date- Use this section to select the START and END dates in which you want the report to begin / stop
- User - It can be modified to only show 1 or all users. The system selects ALL users by default.
- Description: This is the main section that will allow you to generate a variety of reports depending on which description is chosen.
Please review how to set the description to generate specific report types:
- * Income Report - Uncheck "Select all Debits" section - this will leave only Credits (Payments) selected
- * Room & Tax Report - Uncheck "Select all Debits" & "Select all Credits". Once that is done and everything is unchecked, go to Debits and select "Room Rate"as well as "Taxes and Fees".
- * Items & Services Reports - Uncheck "Select all Credits" and Uncheck all debits not associated with Items & Services.
- Group By and Sub-Group By - Depending on the type of report, you will want to either and sub-group by User, Date, Room, Guest Name or Reservation Number
- Adjustments - All adjustments are defaulted to show in reports, you can modify at your discretion depending on your specific report needs.
- Status - Select the reservation status you want to generate the report. All statuses are selected by default.
Type - This field allows you to sort by transaction type. You can filter by:
- Reservations - Transactions within a reservation
- House Accounts - Transactions within a house account
- Cash Drawers - Cash added directly to the cash drawer. It does not filter cash payments in a folio.
- Group Profiles - Transactions in a group profile (only available if Groups feature is enabled)
The report generated will show the necessary fields regarding :
- Reservation Number
- Transaction Code (TRN Code) - It appears when a charge or payment was added to a folio manually
- Check-in / Check-out
- Reservation Status
- Quantity (of items)
- Debit / Credit