Courtesy Hold is a type of block which holds certain accommodation for specific number of days/hours for a guest. You may create a courtesy hold on calendar and convert it into a reservation in case the guest has confirmed the hold.
1) Open your myfrontdesk account and go to Calendar
2) Start creating the hold
You may create a courtesy hold by either clicking [+] sign on the calendar and clicking on 'Courtesy Hold'...
...Or by clicking on checkin and checkout dates of possible future reservation directly and calendar next to the room to be blocked and select 'Courtesy Hold'
3) FIll in the courtesy hold details
- Set start and end date of the hold
- Select Accommodation to be blocked
(if creating block directly on calendar, the accommodation will be selected beforehand)
- Enter the guest's First and Last Name
- Enter the length of hold and its format
If you enter 2 and select format in days - the block on calendar will be hold for 2 days
Holding a room will remove that accommodation from available inventory for the length of time you alloted. Once the time has passed, the hold will release and your room inventory will be available for booking.
- Enter the guest's contact details: email and phone
4) Click SAVE to save the courtesy hold
5) The hold will appear on calendar in dark blue color.
It can be moved to another accommodations or rooms just like any confirmed booking on future days by drag-and-drop.
By clicking on hold you may
1) Confirm it and convert into Reservation:
clicking 'Confirm Reservation' will redirect you to New Reservation window where you may start creating booking for guest holding a room
2) Cancel the hold
Will remove the hold from calendar and release the inventory for sell.
3) Edit the hold
Will open a window to change any details of the hold