Our system uses two reservation statuses to calculate room nights sold for the selected period of time.
- Reservations that are in a checked out status
- Reservations that are in a in-house status
You can use either the Room Nights Sold Method or Percentage Method. Both are listed below with examples.
Room Sold / Occupancy Report:
- Using the Room Nights Sold Method
Formula: Room Revenue / ADR = Room Nights Sold
- Jan 2015 = $10,748.99 / $74.65 = 144 room nights sold
- Feb 2015 = $619.24 /$11.06 = 56 room nights sold
- Mar 2015 = $1925.64 / $24.69 = 78 room nights sold
- Note: You can get the Average daily rate (ADR) daily, weekly,monthly from the ADR report listed under production reports. Also these are room nights sold not individual guest reservations.
- Use the Room Revenue data obtained from the ADR report only. The following reports use a different source of data for room revenue calculation: RevPar and Daily Financial. They will lead you to a mistaken Rooms Sold/Occupancy result.
Using the Percentage Method
Formula: # of Room Nights Sold / Total Property Accommodation
- When using the weekly statistics you will need to multiply the total number of accommodations by 7.
- When using the monthly statistics you will need to multiply to total number of accommodation by the total # of days in that month.
- Jan 2015 = 48 total units x 31 days = 1488 total sellable room nights
- Formula: # of Room Nights Sold / Total Property Accommodation
- 144 room nights sold /1488= 0.09677419 ----> 9.68%
- Feb 2015 = 48 total units x 28 days = 1344 total sellable room nights
- 56 room nights sold / 1344 = 0.04166666666667 -----> 4.17%
- Mar2015 = 48 total units x 31 days = 1488 total sellable room nights
- 78 room nights sold / 1488 = 0.0524193548387097------> 5.24%