Cloudbeds PMS needs to have the same taxes as those on your OTAs when setting up and mapping your connection with your distribution channels. For example: If your rates are inclusive on Cloudbeds PMS, then they would need to also be inclusive on any channels you connect with and vice-versa.
This article explains two options to complete your Taxes and Fees mapping between Cloudbeds PMS and your Distribution Channels.
Map your Taxes and Fees between Cloudbeds PMS and Distribution Channels
Mapping your Taxes and Fees correctly allows to ensure that your connected OTAs reservations display the correct grand total amount, with no rate discrepancies between both systems.
To ensure your taxes and fees match, take into account one of the options below.
Check out the Taxes and Fees - Available Types.
Remove the taxes from your connected channels and set up your rates inclusive of taxes and fees on all platforms. This is normally the easiest option, if possible. Learn more: Taxes and Fees - How to edit or delete Taxes and Fees
Adjust all rates and rate intervals so they do not include taxes/fees and follow the steps below:
- Create your Taxes/Fees in Cloudbeds PMS as exclusive. See how here.
- Apply these taxes and Fees to your Reservation Sources. More details here.
- Select the type of taxes/fees that you would like to charge in addition to your daily room rate.
- Click SAVE.
- Select NO when the following message appears: WARNING: Do you want to recalculate all reservations with taxes & fees? If you do accidentally click yes: Disable taxes again, click save, and select yes a second time to reverse the changes.
Make sure you have the same taxes on each one of your connected channels.
- If you have reservations from a channel that need to have tax added to them in Cloudbeds PMS, adjust the rates manually back up to what they would be if inclusive.
- It is not possible to create an inclusive flat fee per reservation/accommodation on Cloudbeds PMS.