Hostelworld is a leading OTA for hostel-focused accommodations worldwide with 12+ million guest reviews and 40,000+ listings in nearly 180 countries. Hostelworld aims to be a leader in social travel via their booking options and mobile app, addressing the needs of guests who want to make connections with others as they experience the world around them. Their app and website operate in 20 different languages.
Hostelbookers is managed through Hostelworld. If you have a Hostelbookers account, it will be automatically connected and managed through your Hostelworld account inbox.
How to connect Hostelworld to myfrontdesk
1 - Contact Hostelworld Market Support
To Initiate the connection between myallocator and Hostelworld, you must first contact Hostelworld Market Support with the following request:
"Please activate the connection between Hostelworld/Hostelbookers and Myallocator for my property".
Their contact details can be found here:
There are 3 email addresses properties can reach out to:
If you want to use our Import feature, when you ask Hostelworld support to enable myallocator as your channel manager, please ask them NOT TO DELETE YOUR AVAILABILITY in their inbox. Otherwise, there will be nothing to import.
2 - Notify myallocator support Team
Once Hostelworld notify you saying that the connection is active, you must notify our support team at: email@example.com
In the email, you must state the following:
- Full Property Name
- Hostelworld Inbox ID (usually 4 or 5 digits)
- Mention that the connection between Hostelworld and Myallocator is active
- Define the currency setup in Hostelworld
Wait for Cloudbeds support team to confirm the connection to Hostelworld and then you can start mapping your rooms.
Don't worry, as soon as the connection is complete on both sides (Hostelworld and myallocator) we will respond to your email confirming that the channel is ready for mapping and you can proceed with Step 3.
If you've completed the steps above and received the confirmation email by our support team, proceed with the steps below:
- Go to your myfrontdesk account and click on Manage
- Access Channels tab
- Hostelworld should be marked as Ready for mapping. Click this button to start
- Select the Channel Accommodation Type from the dropdown menu to match the Accommodation Type on myfrontdesk
Once you finish, click on Continue
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines
- Use this page to configure the rate plan(s) you want to sync between this system and Hostelworld. You must map at least one rate plan per Channel Accommodation Type to ensure proper rate sync.
Click on Configure
You can create multiple rate plans for each room type and have those sync to Hostelworld. Click here to check further information.
- The rate plans you have created on myfrontdesk are listed on the LEFT. Use the dropdown menus to map Hostelworld rate plans to rate plans on this system.
Once you finish, click on Save
You need to map the desired rate plans for each room type.
- Use this page to adjust rates specifically for accommodation types on Hostelworld
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
You have completed Hostelworld channel setup!
A Full Inventory Refresh has now been sent to Hostelworld to ensure that your property’s availability and rates are synced on the channel.
If you are having issues or error messages while connecting to this channel, visit the following knowledge base article: Hostelworld Errors, Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions