Hostelworld is a leading OTA for hostel-focused accommodations worldwide with 12+ million guest reviews and 40,000+ listings in nearly 180 countries. Hostelworld aims to be a leader in social travel via their booking options and mobile app, addressing the needs of guests who want to make connections with others as they experience the world around them. Their app and website operate in 20 different languages.
Hostelbookers is managed through Hostelworld. If you have a Hostelbookers account, it will be automatically connected and managed through your Hostelworld account inbox.
Things you should know before you get started:
- Check the FAQ section and also the Hostelworld's Supported Features before connecting, for more details.
How to connect Hostelworld to Cloudbeds PMS
If you do not have an account with Hostelworld:
Click here to set up your property with them first.
If you already have a Hostelworld account:
Continue with Step 2 below.
1.1 - Contact Hostelworld Market Support
To Initiate the connection, send an email to Hostelworld Support with the following request:
"Please activate the connection between Hostelworld and Myallocator for my property".
You can find their contact details in your Hostelworld account:
You can also use the following email addresses to contact them in case of delay in the their response:
- Europe, Africa, North, Central and South America or Middle East: email@example.com
- Asia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oceania: email@example.com
If you intend Cloudbeds Import services, ask the Hostelworld Support Team to not delete your availability in their inbox, otherwise, there will be nothing to import.
1.2 - Notify Cloudbeds Support Team
Once Hostelworld notify you saying that the connection is active, you must inform our Support Team. In the email, state the following details:
- Full Property Name
- Hostelworld Inbox ID (usually 4 or 5 digits)
- Mention that the connection between Hostelworld and myallocator is active
- Define the currency setup in Hostelworld
Wait for the Cloudbeds Support Team to confirm the connection to Hostelworld to start mapping your rooms. As soon as the connection is complete on both sides (Hostelworld and myallocator) we will respond to your email confirming that the channel is ready for mapping and you can proceed with Step 2.
If you've completed the steps above and received the confirmation email by our Support Team, proceed with the steps below:
In your Cloudbeds PMS account:
- Click on Manage (gear icon)
- Access the Channels tab.
- Hostelworld should be marked as Ready for mapping. Click this button to start.
- Select the Channel Accommodation type from the drop-down menu to match the Accommodation Type on Cloudbeds PMS.
- Click Continue.
Consult our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines if you need help with the Room Mapping.
- Click to Configure the rate plan(s) you want to sync between this system and Hostelworld. You must map at least one rate plan per Channel Accommodation Type to ensure proper rate sync.
Create multiple rate plans for each room type and have those sync to Hostelworld. Click here for further information.
- The rate plans you have created on Cloudbeds PMS are listed on the left. Use the drop-down menus on the right side to map Hostelworld rate plans to the rate plans.
- Click Continue.
Map the desired rate plans for each room type.
- Click on Adjust all to add a Base Rate Adjustment specifically for accommodation types on Hostelworld, if needed (If you want to skip this step, leave it at zero, and move to the next step).
- Click on Apply.
- Click NEXT STEP when completed.
- Send a Full Refresh to ensure that your property’s availability and rates are synced on the channel.
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Minimum length of stay
- Maximum length of stay
- Rate Plan Mapping
- Close Day (Stop Sell)
- Credit Cards
Hostelworld doesn't support:
- Close days for arrival
- Close days for departure
If you experience any issues or errors while connecting to this channel, visit Hostelworld - Errors and Troubleshooting