Booking.com is one of the largest and most popular travel websites in the world, boasting more than 50 million verified guest reviews on their website. They enable properties - from established brands to small independent properties - to grow their business and reach global travelers of all kinds. Booking.com is available in 43 languages with listings in 230+ countries.
Booking.com has a very specific activation process that must be followed exactly. This article includes in-depth directions for connecting Booking.com and myfrontdesk. We are unable to initiate this process for you (it's a security measure with booking.com).
Do not perform these instructions until you are at the end of the distribution setup stage and ready to go live. If you're on the onboarding process, please reach out to your oboarding coach.
- All of your rates, rooms, and reservations must be set up in myfrontdesk and your distribution section must be activated before requesting to connect to the channel manager myallocator
- Myfrontdesk cannot import past reservations from before Booking.com was connected as a distribution channel. These must be added manually as "third-party" reservations. Click here to check a few options to help you on this process
Before start, please note that after the connection is completed:
- All updates of Rates, Availabilities and some restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos, Closed to Arrival, Closed to Departure) will be sent to Booking.com exclusively through the channel manager (myallocator). Manual entries for these parameters will no longer be possible on Booking.com's extranet (settings will be not clickable or not visible).
- Rates & Availability grids will only be visible for monitoring and conformity checks.
- Some restrictions still can be configured on Booking.com (for example, same-day bookings or minimum advance reservation). Please contact your Booking.com Account Manager to check which settings can be edited and ask to provide you access to set up them
- MyAllocatorByCloudBeds will be listed as a user on your property's Booking.com user accounts. Please check further information here
How to connect Booking.com to myfrontdesk
The first step is to log in to your Booking.com extranet. This is because booking.com requires the connection process to start on their side.
- Click here to access the extranet
- Enter your property username and password
If you have forgotten your booking.com extranet login, please contact booking.com customer support directly.
Once you've submitted the connection request, you should receive a notification email along with the contract XML Signup Agreement with Booking.pdf.
Our support team will receive an email notification with your data and we will send you a confirmation email once all the settings have been completed.
Once you submit the request, myallocator will confirm the connection within one business day.
You can check the status of the request from your Booking.com extranet under the Channel manager link at any time.
If you chose “Don’t connect me automatically with the provider”, activate the connection via the email link you received.
If you have any problems with your email link, on the ‘Channel manager’ page, click on ‘Activate connection with myallocator'.
Go to the manage area inside myfrontdesk
- Go to Channel Distribution tab and click on 'Channels'
- If you have correctly completed the steps above, Booking.com will be displayed on your channels list as 'Ready for mapping'. Click on this button to proceed
3. Select the Channel Accommodation Type from the dropdown menu to match the accommodation type on myfrontdesk.
For detailed information about the mapping process please check this article: Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines.
4. Select the Standard Rate in the Channel Rate Plan dropdown.
- The base rate on myfrontdesk can only be synced to one rate plan which is the Standard Rate on Booking.com. Any other additional rate plan (e.g. non refundable, breakfast) needs to be configured to be derived from the Standard Rate on the channel extranet. Alternatively, if they are XML enabled, they can be mapped in the 'Extra Setting' on step 8 below.
- We are currently working on a closed pilot for Multi Rate Plan Feature that will enable you to sync myfrontdesk rate plans with your Booking.com rate plans. Click here to check further information. We will send out a notification as soon as this feature is officially released. If you want to ensure that you are notified of this feature, please reach out to our Support team.
5. Add Base Rate Adjustment for each room type if needed. Click NEXT STEP when completed or if you want to skip, leave it at zero.
6. If you use a currency on Booking.com that DOES NOT MATCH your myfrontdesk default currency, select that on this step:
The option you select below must match what is set on your Booking.com extranet.
7. If you have any additional Booking.com rate plan which is XML Enabled, you can set a rate derivation which will be relative to the Standard Rate (e.g. 10% higher than the base rate). Click 'Configure' to configure the rate plan.
Note that the configuration can only be done by percentage (%) and not fixed amount (e.g. the base rate +10 USD).
If you'd like to set up the rate plan using the fixed amount, the rate plan has to be configured directly on Booking.com extranet with further assistance of your Booking.com account manager.
8. Click 'Continue' to finish the channel setup.
You're done! A full inventory refresh has now been sent to Booking.com to ensure that your property’s availability and rates are synced on the channel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. As of January 2020, you can report No Show back to Booking.com, without leaving myfrontdesk system.
Please check out this article for further details about this feature: How to report No Show reservations to the channels from myfrontdesk
As of September 15 2020, you can report guest misconduct to Booking.com, without leaving myfrontdesk system.
Please check out this article for further details about this feature: How to report Guest Misconduct to Booking.com from myfrontdesk