Booking.com has a very specific activation process that must be followed exactly. This article includes in-depth directions for connecting Booking.com and myfrontdesk. For booking.com's general activation guide, however, you may download the pdf document attached to the end of this article.
Do not perform these instructions until you are at the end of the distribution setup stage and ready to go live.
- All of your rates, rooms, and reservations must be setup in myfrontdesk and your distribution section must be activated before requesting to connect to myallcator.
- Myfrontdesk cannot import past reservations from before Booking.com was connected as a distribution channel. These must be added manually as "third-party" reservations.
- If you have problems with this process, please contact your booking.com account manager for assistance, as we are unable to initiate this process for you (it's a security measure with booking.com).
- Manual entries will no longer be possible on Booking.com's extranet. Rates & Availability grids will only be visible for monitoring and accuracy checks.
- Reservations, Modifications, and Cancellations will be imported through myallocator into your myfrontdesk account. However, it is the responsibility of the property to always keep track of the Booking.com extranet to monitor the status of each booking generated online.
Booking.com Connection Activation Steps
If you do not have an account yet with booking.com, click the link below to setup your property with them first. It may take up to a few weeks for Booking.com to approve and list your property on their site.
The first step is to login to your booking.com extranet. This is because booking.com requires the connection process to start on their side.
- Enter your property username
- Enter your property password
If you have forgotten your booking.com extranet login, please contact booking.com customer support directly.
Once you click "Channel Manager" the next step is to select myallocator, myfrontdesk's channel manager, as your channel manager provider.
Once the request has been submitted, you will need to follow the below steps to ensure the connection is correctly enabled.
- Click the Start button
- The provider you need to activate is myallocator (ID 313)
Select Full connection (two-way)
To complete the connection request, accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions by clicking on Accept. You should receive the contract by email.
Once you've submitted the connection request, you should receive a notification email along with the contract XML Signup Agreement with Booking.pdf.
Our support team receives an email notification with your data and will send you a confirmation email once all the settings have been completed. After that, you will receive an email like the one below:
You can check the status of the request from your Booking.com extranet under the Channel manager link at any time.
Once you submit the request, the support team will confirm the connection. Normally, this is processed within one business day.
Once the connection request has been confirmed from the myallocator side, you should receive an email asking you to complete the activation.
- Click the link in the email to confirm the connection.
2. Click on ‘I confirm the connection with myallocator’. The connection will be enabled.
The connection is now live! You should make sure to send a full refresh of rates & availability from inside of myfrontdesk's distribution settings to ensure your property is available for sale.
Read the instructions in our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines for more info about how to do this.
Once the connection is complete, all updates of Rates, Availabilities and Restrictions need to be sent to Booking.com exclusively through myfrontdesk.
Manual entries will no longer be possible on Booking.com's extranet. Rates & Availability grids will only be visible for monitoring and conformity checks.