Before adding an item to the reservation, make sure the item is already created. Check this article to learn how to create an item in myfrontdesk: Items & Categories Overview
1. Go to reservation and open the Folio
2. Click Add/Adjust Charge > Add Item
In the new window:
3. Category: Select the category of the item (if needed)
4. Item: Select the item from the drop-down
5. Assign to: Choose the guest to assign the item charge, can be used for when there are multiple guests in a reservation
6. Select Folio: If you have the Split Folio feature enabled - select which folio to post the item
7. Post with current date and time: By default the box is checked to post the item with the current date and time. Unchecking the box will allow you to choose a date and time in the past or future to post the item.
8. Price: The price of the item will be entered automatically, click the value to edit.
9. QTY: Enter the quantity of item to be added
10. Total Price: Total price will be calculated automatically based on the quantity of the item
11. Payment type: Select whether you want to collect the payment for the item right away:
- Selecting Do not collect payment will add the item charge (debit) and will not include the payment
- Selecting Credit Card or other payment types will add the item charge (debit) and will include the payment for the item (credit). If you have previously chosen to post the item for a future date (Step #7), the payment will be credited to the balance due only on the date selected.
12. Transaction Notes: Enter any notes if necessary
13. Allocate Payment: If you have this functionality enabled - when you choose to add the payment for the item (Step #11) this option will be checked by default to allocate the payment automatically.
Learn more about payment allocation in our Knowledge Base: Payment Allocation
14. Click Continue
The item will appear on the folio. If you need to cancel the charge, you can click the gear icon and click Void transaction
In the balance due, you can see the charges of the items in the field Additional Items