Cloudbeds Payments is a fully integrated all-in-one payment solution that is quickly growing to be one of our leading global services.
This article shows the step-by-step to apply for Cloudbeds Payments in Canada, the information that you will need to provide in order to complete your application, and the initial set up.
Using Cloudbeds Payments Canada you can connect to card terminals. More information: Cloudbeds Payments - Terminals Overview
El presente artículo es una guía detallada del proceso para solicitar Cloudbeds Payments en los Canadá, junto a la información necesaria para llevar a cabo su solicitud y configuración inicial.
- To qualify for Cloudbeds Payments Canada, your property must be located in Canada, as well as your legal entity and your bank account. Your property must accept payments in CAD and payout in CAD. The currency setup in Cloudbeds PMS must be in CAD.
- If you are interested in this feature, you can schedule a free demo with our sales team here
- You can only begin the application process if our sales representative has enabled this feature for you.
- You will be able to process payments once all required information is provided. It is important to complete the application in its entirety to ensure all needed information is received.
- For security reasons, we encrypt credit card numbers to secure your card data more safely. Check this article for more information: Cloudbeds Payments - Why can't I view full credit card details?
When setting up the payment processor, you would need the below information:
- Business number (BN) or Quebec Enterprise Number (NEQ)
- Business address
- Business phone number
- Business email address
- Business website
Owner Information (owners with 25% ownership or more must be listed on the account)
- Date of birth
- National ID
- Email address
- Phone number
- Bank account under the Company Legal Name
Other documents (these are not always needed, but good to have accessible)
- Government-issued ID
- Government-issued company document
- Bank statement from the last 30 days or voided check
You must login as the Property Owner user to set up the Cloudbeds Payments.
- Click Account.
- Select Settings.
- Under the Property Configuration, select Payment Options.
- You will be on the Credit Card tab.
- Under Payment Gateway section, turn on the toggle to Activate the gateway.
- Choose Live mode.
- Select Cloudbeds Payments in the drop-down menu.
- Click Connect Gateway.
- Select your business country (Canada).
- Fill in the Consumer Statement Descriptor.
The Consumer Statement Descriptor will display on the statement of your guest, once they process a transaction with your business. By default, the Statement Descriptor is the DBA (Doing Business As) name you provided when applying for your merchant account. Enter the custom name following the requirements.
- Click the Terms of Service to review and tick the box to accept.
- Click Create Account button to setup the Cloudbeds Payments account. You will be redirected to Cloudbeds Payments application.
- Select Type of entity as Company.
If you are a sole proprietorship, you will still need to choose Company and then choose Sole Proprietorship as the structure.
Type of entity and definitions:
- Individual, Sole Proposition, or Single-Member LLC: Typically a type of enterprise that is owned and run by one person and in which there is no legal distinction between the owner and the business entity (Owner will use a personal SIN as a business entity number).
- Company: Typically a business licensed with the state as a LLC, S-Corp, or Partnership Corporation (Company should have Business number (BN) or Quebec Enterprise Number (NEQ)).
- Nonprofit: Typically reserved for nonprofit corporations or businesses that are tax exempt.
Your business entity will affect your end of year tax form that is sent out and how taxes are reported to the IRS. It is important to ensure the correct entity is selected for accuracy of tax reporting.
- Click Next.
- Fill out your business details.
- Industry type (e.g. travel lodge, hotel inn)
- Business website
- Click Save.
If your property does not have a website, you can enter the property name and phone number.
- Fill out the business representative (property owner) details:
Legal Business Name
- This is how your business is legally listed.
If you are a sole proprietorship, the legal name should be the name of the sole owner.
- Business number (BN) or Quebec Enterprise Number (NEQ) or SIN for Sole Proposition
Doing Business As (DBA)
- The operating name of the company if it is different from the legal name.
Registered Business Address
- Physical address of the legal entity.
- Business Phone Number
- You can select Travel lodging, or Hotels, Inns, or Motels.
- No website? You can enter the property name and phone number instead.
- Click Next.
On the next page you will get a confirmation that you can get started with Cloudbeds Payments, but there will be additional information (e.g. bank account information) to be configured in the next steps to be completely verified.
The bank account provided must be in the name of the business. The only exception to this is if you are a sole proprietorship, then the bank account can be in the name of the owner.
- Verify the details displayed and click Done.
- Click Back To Payment Options under the final message.
Once redirected to Cloudbeds, this is the last step to be completed. You will need to add a bank account under the Company Legal Name where you would receive the payout from Cloudbeds Payments. More information about payout: Cloudbeds Payments - Payout Times & Reporting Overview
What you will need to provide:
- Transit number
- Institution number
- Account number
You can find the information above on a check, by logging into your banking portal, or contacting your bank directly.
It is best practice to have a business banking account as the listed deposit account. Personal accounts can only be used if the business type is a Sole Proprietorship.
Your bank account must be located where your legal entity is located. A property with the legal entity based in Canada must use a Canadian bank account.
If you do not add a bank account, we won't be able to send the payout to your account. You can process any payments as usual however you will not receive your payout.
- Under Bank Account field, click the Add button.
- Add your Transit number.
- Add your Institution number.
- Add your Account number.
- Confirm account number.
- Click Add.
Once saved, you will not be able to change the bank details. If you need to update the information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the update. See more information Cloudbeds Payments - How to Update your Bank Account
You will see the status either Verified or Incomplete. Final approval is dependent upon review by the Cloudbeds Risk team. If additional information is required, we will notify the Propert Owner via email within 24 business hours after completing all steps the application.
This only applies to direct bookings. For OTA reservations, set up billing address requirements in the OTA extranet or contact their support team.
- Check the appropriate boxes if you would like to capture the billing address for each credit card.
- Select which credit card fields you want to display and which of those fields are mandatory.
- The more information inputted the more protection, but it can also cause more declines.
- As a reference, the fields selected below are recommended.
- Click Save.
Check the following knowledge base article for further details on how to set up: Processing Methods (automatic and scheduled processing)
Once the Cloudbeds Payments status is showing as Connected, you can start processing your guests' payments using the gateway. Check: How to Process Payment Through Payment Gateway
The below image displays how the status will look once the property has fully completed the application. If you see a status other than "Connected", reach out to Risk@cloudbeds.com. Additional information may be requested once the Risk team has fully reviewed the account.
If you have the Cloudbeds Terminal, you may also want to see:
Want to order? Schedule a call with our sales team.