This article will give you more details about the settings available in the Room Export page in Airbnb API mapping process, where you can edit room configuration details such as discounts, pricing rule and availability rules.
The Room Export page will be displayed when you are following the Step 3: Set Up/Edit Room Configuration Details in Airbnb API connection process.
Check the sections below in case you need detailed information on a topic presented.
Mandatory settings are highlighted with a red asterisk (*). If you skip them in the mapping process, the room will not be correctly updated in the channel
The settings in this section are Airbnb's default settings and will display standard values on Airbnb's extranet. These values might not match the ones in your myfrontdesk account. However, now that you are connected to Airbnb via myfrontdesk, availability is controlled by the values entered in our system so you should not worry if the values listed on Airbnb's extranet (Availability tab) are not the same.
Guests can book: since your availability is now controlled by myfrontdesk, guests can book any time your listing has availability on you calendar. The same day advance notice, once connected to myfrontdesk is contro
- Availability Window: Since your availability is controlled by myfrontdesk calendar, any dates that do not have availability on the calendar will be unbookable by default. Dates that have availability on the calendar will be bookable
- Minimum Length of Stay (in nights): the minimum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Min LOS'settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
- Days of week allowed for Check In: this is controlled by the myfrontdesk Closed to Arrival settings
- Preparation Time: currently not available
- Maximum Length of Stay (in nights): the maximum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Max LOS' settings and will default to no maximum.
- Days of week allowed for Check Out: this is controlled by the Closed to Departure settings inside myfrontdesk.
- Minimum stay by day of week: the minimum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Min LOS' settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
- Same Day Bookings: Accepting reservations the same day the reservation is made. Once connected to myfrontdesk, the advance notice is set automatically in Airbnb to 12:00 am. Some properties prefer to disable this feature to give them enough time to prepare their guests' rooms. To learn how to enable or disable this feature, please refer to this article.
Configurations that are not controlled by our system after the connection will have the Edit button clickable. Therefore, please manage them directly on Airbnb extranet.
For example, to manage your check-in and check-out windows, please perform the following steps:
- Go to your listing and click Booking Settings
- Scroll down to the Policies section and click the Edit button
- Set up your check-in window preference
- Set up your check-out window preference
- Click Save
- Listing Currency: the currency chosen here must match the currency you want your rates to be sent in
- Listing Base Nightly Price: rates are controlled by myfrontdesk calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered in myfrontdesk will default to this rate.
- Weekend Pricing: rates (including weekends) are controlled by myfrontdesk calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered will default to this rate.
Length of Stay Discounts
- Weekly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the weekly rate based on this discount if your guest selects 7 or more nights.
- Monthly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the monthly rate based on this discount if your guest selects an entire month.
Extra Guest Pricing
- Add the number of guests included in price
- Extra person fee (per night): please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount per night for private rooms only
- The shared dorms must have the extra person fee as zero in mapping and also in the extranet
- The guests number included must be 1 - The system will multiply the rate according to the number of guests/beds reserved
- Security Deposit: please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Cleaning Fee: please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Other Fees: for each of the listed fees, you can input either a percentage or a fixed amount.
Airbnb will send the total amount inclusive of fees (except guest and host service fees) to our system as room revenue. Therefore, these fees will not be included in your rate breakdown. As a workaround, you can set up inclusive fees for Airbnb channel so that your reservation breakdowns will include these fees.
If any assistance is required with setting up your Airbnb fees, please reach out to Airbnb team at https://www.airbnb.com/help.
- Rule Type: your options include booking ahead (minimum days ahead), last-minute booking (maximum days ahead), long term stay (nights), and seasonal.
- Price Change: please input your discount amount in percentage values
- Price Change Type: choose the percentage option (Airbnb will no longer accept discounts with absolute values).
- Days/Nights Threshold: please input the number of days/nights threshold for the discount you're adding.
- For Check-In Dates: please input the date range for the discount you're adding.
If you have multiple discounts configured of the same type, threshold and date but with different discount values, Airbnb will only apply one of the discounts. Therefore, if you have multiple discounts of the same type configured, myfrontdesk will apply the discount that results in the highest price.
The percent-based discounts will override fixed amount discounts.
You have three discounts of the same type, threshold and date:
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 20% for period x
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 10% for period x
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 24% for period x
Only the Long term Stay (nights) discount - more than 10 days - 20% will be applied as it results in the highest price.
However, if different types of discounts are selected for the same date, they will apply both:
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 24% for period x
- Early Bird discount - more that 20 days in advance - 15% for period x
Both discounts will be applied.
The room rate is $100 and the available discounts of the same type are: 30% discount and 20% discount.
- 30% discount results in a new room rate of $70
- 20% discount results in a new room rate of $80
In this case, myfrontdesk will send the rate of $80 to Airbnb (since it's the highest rate).