There is an option to display totals in foreign currencies and the exchange rate in your invoices. Please, check the article below to see how to set it up.
Make sure you have multi currency set up on your account in order to use this functionality. Check this article for more instructions: Multi-Currency - How to Setup Foreign Currencies
How to Configure
This feature allows you to:
- Configure to show foreign currencies in invoices by editing the activated foreign currency.
- Choose to display the invoice balance due in different currencies
- Choose to show or hide the applied exchange rates in invoices.
Follow the steps below if you want to display totals in foreign currency in invoices:
- Select Currencies under Property Configuration
- Click on the pencil icon next to the currency you want to show on invoicing
- Check Display Totals in this Currency in Invoices (along with main currency)
- Check Display Exchange Rate in Invoices if desired
- Select SAVE
You can check which currencies will be displayed in the invoices in the acceptable currencies table.
Check the following example:
- Afghanistan Afghani (AFN) is set as the Default Currency
- We have enabled 4 acceptable currencies: Aruban Florin (AWG), Turkish New Lira (TRY), Euro (EUR) and US Dollar (USD)
- All four added currencies have the option Display Totals in this Currency in Invoices (along with main currency) enabled
- For the EUR currency, we have also enabled the option to Display Exchange Rate in Invoices.
Check how invoice looks according to our example:
- The Default Currency and Balance Due in this currency
- Balance Due converted into the added currencies
- The exchange rate is only shown for those currencies which have the option to Display Exchange Rate in Invoices enabled. In our example, only the EUR has this option enabled.
- Balance Due in the default currency and added currencies, and an exchange rate.
Balance Due will be shown in all ACCEPTABLE CURRENCIES which have Display Totals in this Currency in Invoices (along with main currency) feature enabled.
The exchange rate will also be shown for all the currencies which have Display Exchange Rate in Invoices feature enabled.
Any changes done in the Currencies settings will only take effect on New invoices.
All the Multi-Currency content can be found here.