Cloudbeds now partners with Google to distribute your inventory on Google Hotel Search and redirect guests to your Cloudbeds Booking Engine. If you have questions about this integration, please check the most frequently asked questions below and if you cannot find your answer, reach out to our support team.
Your prices will not be shown on the Google search view if there is no Ad being run on Google. There must be at least one business (an OTA or your property) running an Ad of your hotel on Google.
The prices & the booking engine link will still appear in what Google calls "the immersive view", which can be accessed by visiting this site https://www.google.com/travel/hotels
As of March 16th, the activation will occur weekly. Keep an eye out for an in-app announcement on your Cloudbeds account to see if your account has been activated.
You can also check the following notification on your Channels Distribution page:
- Access the Channels tab under Channel Distribution section
- If your property has been included, you will see the following notification
No - only properties with Cloudbeds Booking Engine will be eligible to be included in Google Hotel Search services.
If you use a different booking engine and want leverage Google, your booking engine provider needs to build their own integration - In such cases, please reach out to your booking engine provider directly.
If you are interested in Cloudbeds Booking Engine, reach out to our support team and they will forward your request to one of our Market Managers.
For a better understanding, check the following details:
- Free Booking Links - A free listing in Google Hotel Search that displays a link to your Cloudbeds booking engine with an official site badge that shows bookable rates on the prices page for your property. They lead to direct reservations and appear underneath any 'Google Hotel Ads' being run. They are listed under All options
- Google My Business - is a free tool that allows you to promote your property on Google Search. You can see and connect with your customers, post updates to your business profile, and see how customers are interacting with your business on Google
Google Hotel Ads - Prominently displays your official website on Google Hotel Search with bookable rates. They lead to direct reservations and appear along with any other 'Google Hotel Ads' being run.
Display in a property’s Google My Business profile, and appear in Google hotel finder results. When a user clicks on a Google Hotel Ad, they are redirected directly into the property's booking engine to complete the booking.
Google Ads - Google Ads are ‘keyword ads’ - A paid product that you can use to promote your business, help sell products or services, raise awareness, and increase traffic to your website. The results contain an Ad box.
This program used to be called Google AdWords is where you bid on a keyword, create an advertisement with ad copy and people click on it to go to your website.
No - All eligible properties will be included in Google Hotel Search service and this allows properties to benefit from the organic listing Google search results. Since Ads Hotel allows you to connect with other platforms too, you can keep both and do not need to switch to Google Hotel Search.
We are working on better solutions for properties promotion on Google Hotels Ads in the future.
|Feature||Yes / No||Notes|
|Availability||Yes||Google only shows "Yes or No", but not the number of rooms/beds available|
||Has restrictions - please check further details below|
|Rate Plans and Packages||Yes
||You can send rate plans to Google Hotel Search only if you have Cloudbeds Premier Plan or higher|
|Minimum / Maximum Length of Stay||Yes
|Close for Arrival / Departure||Yes
|Taxes / Fees||Yes
|Last Minute Restriction||Yes|
|Items & Services / Add-Ons||No|
|Room Pictures and Descriptions||No|
Cloudbeds will send your rates, availability and inventory from the Booking Engine to Google. Check the following article for further details about restrictions: Google Hotel Search - Information about Restrictions
- Google will display the lowest rate from all the available, except rate plans with promo codes
- If you have any add-ons configured at Cloudbeds, the guests can add them to the reservation during the booking process, but it will not be reflected in Google
- Cloudbeds does not send payment options to Google
The activation occurs weekly for a smooth and successful rollout. If Google Hotel Search service was not activated for your property, it means that your property was not determined by Cloudbeds for last week's cohort.
If your property is eligible for the connection, we will activate Google Hotel Search service soon.
To be eligible for Google Hotel Search a property must comply with all Google limitations concerning rate plans, taxes and fees. In addition, the technical requirements to synchronize your rate plans are not deliverable to Google by all Cloudbeds subscription plans, you may need to upgrade in order to access this feature.
If you do not want certain room types to be displayed on Google Hotel Search, you can use the Allotment option under Channel Distribution. Alternatively, you can use the Closeouts setting under Channel Distribution to set unavailable dates specifically for the Google Hotel Search channel. Please check further details below:
Channel Distribution Allotments
- Access Allotment settings under the Channel Distribution section
- Enable Custom Property Allotments
- Set a smaller Quantity to Sell for the desired room type than available.
- Ensure the quantity to sell for the desired room is set to 0
This will, however, affect all inventory sent to channels.
Any accommodation Distribution allotments that have a value greater than booking engine allotments (if that setting is enabled) will not have those rooms sent to Google.
- Access Closeouts settings under the Channel Distribution section
- Create a closeout date range
- Select the rooms you wish to block, and apply to the Google Hotel Search channel
The booking engine allotment feature doesn't control the distribution of inventory to Google Hotel Search. The room type will not be sent to Google if the booking engine room quantity is less than the room quantity on the Channel Distribution Allotments page (as shown above).
In the channels list, you may encounter the following message
This means that Google is not able to match your property.
Some solutions to fix this are:
- Adding or Claiming your Business on Google My Business
- Hotel categories shall be selected
- Property profile details should match the information in Cloudbeds
Fixing Data Issues:
- Phone number is too short
- Missing physical address
- Invalid Phone Number
- Missing Street Number
- Inconsistent latitude/longitude
- Invalid Postal Code
Google compares prices between direct bookings and channels (OTAs) and show the cheapest price on the following Google calendar.
When the guest is redirected to your Cloudbeds Booking Engine, they will see all available rooms, base rates and rate plans* for the selected date range.
*Rate Plans will only be sent to Google Hotel Search if Advanced Channel Rates feature is enabled. This feature is available for Cloudbeds Premier Plan or higher. Learn more: How can I check my current Cloubdeds Plan (Package)?