Cloudbeds now has an integration with Sage One’s Brazilian Notas Fiscais software. This allows properties to easily issue Notas Fiscais to their guests directly from within Cloudbeds on a reservation’s details page. It is an online service, so there’s no need to install anything on a computer.
Note: This integration is currently in closed beta testing and not yet available for other subscribers. This is coming soon, however, so stay tuned!
- Region Supported: Brazil.
- A Nota Fiscal is an official invoice in Brazil. It goes through government servers for validation.
- Nota Fiscal Type: Only service Nota Fiscals are currently supported.
- This is not an integration with Sage’s accounting software, payment gateways, or other software.
Sage One is integrated with the city government servers of more than 400 cities in Brazil, which makes this service usable for most subscribers with properties based in Brazil. The list of supported cities is here:
In order to activate this service, a Cloudbeds customer will have to:
- Activate the Nota Fiscal feature by contacting one of our sales executives. A fee (pricing being defined) will be added to their monthly total.
- Subscribe to Sage One separately, since they are a third-party service. The first 15 days are free for a trial account, so they can use these 15 days to complete an integration.
- Obtain a Security Certificate if they do not already have one. For service Notas Fiscais, it will need to be a type A1 to be compatible with Cloudbeds. Sage offers A1 certificates in a discount package only available to current Cloudbeds subscribers.
- Access their new Sage One account and fill out Company Info and Nota Fiscal Details
- Access our system’s Sage One Nota Fiscal integrations page and connect to their Sage One account. Also, configure additional default information on this page.
1 - Activate the Feature
Contact your Cloudbeds account executive and request the Nota Fiscal Connection through Sage One. The corresponding fee will be added to your Cloudbeds monthly subscription. Our Customer Service team will then activate the feature and it will appear under your account’s settings menu, as seen on this image:
2 - Sign Up With Sage One
Navigate to this page: https://app.br.sageone.com/signup/new
Create your new Sage One account. You will have to fill your account information and accept the terms of usage. Sage One offers a 15 a day free-trial.
Please note: Sage One is a service provided by a third-party. For help with setting up a Sage One account, please contact their support team.
Next, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request more details about a full account. If (and only if) you mention you are a Cloudbeds customer at this moment, you will get access to special prices.
You can hire a package that includes the security certificate or one without it. If you get the package with the certificate, Sage will instruct you on how to proceed with documentation and validation (sometimes it requires a face-to-face visit to the certifier’s closest office). If you live in a remote location, you may want to ask about these cities before hiring the service or selecting the certifier.
Please note that for any questions or issues regarding your Sage One account should be addressed to Sage’s support service, by calling +55 11 3004 3303 and accessing options 1,1 and 1 in the voice menu. Alternatively, there are other support channels listed on this page: http://br.sageone.com/suporte-online/
3 - Upload Certificate
Under your Sage One account, navigate to Settings (Configurações) - Certificado Digital. You will need the certificate file and its password. After uploading the certificate, you will need to type the password and save.
You can get your certificate included in your package with Sage, or you can purchase from an independent certifier such as Certisign, Serasa, Valid, etc.
Note: In order to get a certificate you will need to provide your company’s documentation and sometimes require a visit to their offices. The certifier company typically charges a yearly fee.
We recommend that those who don’t have a certificate purchase the Sage One package that includes it, since it has a very competitive price.
4 - Configure your Sage One account
- Now, under Settings (Configurações), navigate to My Company (Minha Empresa), and fill out your company information.
- For Service Nota Fiscal (the case with our connection), you don’t need to fill out fields for NFC-e token and taxpayer code.
- If your company does not have a State Tax Code (Inscrição Estadual), you can leave it empty and it will register as exempt.
- If your company allows issuing Notas Fiscais for products, Sage One allows that through their platform. Cloudbeds does not currently support nota fiscals for products, only service Notas Fiscais.
You can see more details about Sage One’s setup process in this video:
If your company is registered in a city that requests username and password for this type of connection (in addition to the certificate), please navigate to Settings (Configurações) - Nota Fiscal de Serviços and fill out that information.
On this page, you may also fill out tax information when needed (test it out, most cities have your tax settings registered with them so no need to fill these out manually here).
We recommend creating a preconfigured Service. This will allow you to set default information for your most common services, so you won’t need to fill out details all the time.
Navigate to Cadastros - Serviços and click on Create Service (Criar Serviço).
Under Code (Código) field, define a number as a reference. You may start with 1, if you don’t have any service configured. Fill out the LC116 code (your accountant should be able to inform you that number). That number is only used in some cities. Usually, that number is ignored by cities that have their own service codes, which is our next field. So, under City Service Code (Código Municipal do Serviço), you should fill out the code of the service in your city. If you’re used to issuing Notas Fiscais directly from the city portal, you probably have to select that from a drop-down every time you issue a Nota Fiscal. Usually, it also appears in the Nota Fiscal.
- Select any specific kind of taxation or exemption you have and set the default unit to “un”.
- Description is a reference for you when browsing through pre-defined services.
Now you are ready to use Sage One services. First, test out issuing a couple of Notas Fiscais directly at Sage.
After testing, make sure you Enable your Sage One account to Production, meaning that you are not in test mode anymore, so the real connection to the city government servers is activated.
5 - Connect your Cloudbeds account to your Sage account
- Now, open another tab in your browser and navigate to your Cloudbeds’ account settings menu, and open the Nota Fiscal (Sage One) page.
- Click on “Connect Your Property With Sage One”.
- Sage One will request your permission to connect myfrontdesk to it. Click “Allow”.
Wait a few seconds and your account should refresh, showing that the connection is active.
You should now be able to see your Sage One account information (that you have just filled out in Sage One), and your default Nota Fiscal fields.
“Unique Code” is the code you gave to your preset Service, remember?
So, if you are using the Unique Code, you may ignore the LC116 field now.
Service description is just used internally for the pre-configured service as a reference name.
Tax details can be filled if your city requests these and do not automatically fill them out (you will need to test to be sure).
These fields on these page are just default settings that will make your life easier by pre-populating the Nota Fiscal fields later. So, these are optional.
Sales person on Sageone is aline and you can contact her on the email address email@example.com