Correctly creating accommodation types is one of the most important settings for your property. This affects both your myfrontdesk and mybookings accounts as well as the inventory and availability of your distribution channels.
We strongly recommend creating distinct room types (ex "Standard Dorm" or "Women's Dorm") and not separate individual rooms (ex "Standard Dorm Room 1").
Creating separate individual rooms instead of room types will make your inventory incompatible with the majority of distribution channels. For more information please read our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines.
1) To add a new room type, login to your Cloudbeds account, click on gear icon and go to Accommodation Types section
2) Click the green "New Accommodation Type" button
STEP 1: Basic information
1. Name the accommodation type
Remember that guests will see the names you input. We recommend using normal titles like "Standard Double Room".
2. Type the room abbreviation which will be displayed on the calendar (not mandatory)
3. Select whether the room is a private or dorm
If it's a dorm, you may select whether the room is gender-specific
4. Enter number of units
5. Enter the maximum occupancy of the room
6. Select how many adults will be included in the rate set as Base Rate (this is useful in case you want to set extra charge for additional guests on Mybookings)
7. Choose how many children are included in the base rate (for Mybookings only)
8. Add a description of the room
If you have several individual rooms within one room type, you may either let the system generate individual accommodation names or customize them manually
In case you want to customize each individual room within one room type, click Edit button(1) next to accommodation name. After that you may type in custom accommodation name (2) , enter a description (3) and upload images (4) (will be displayed on Mybookings)
Selecting 'Customize accommodation names, images and description' is recommended if you are planning on allowing guests to reserve individual accommodations on your booking engine, so you may enter a description and upload images for each individual room