Payment processing enabled in Myfrontdesk automates payment transactions between you and the guest. It allows you to process, verify, and accept or decline credit card transactions on behalf of the merchant through secure Internet connections. This article will show how to charge the guest's credit card through connected gateway.
Processing the payments through Myfrontdesk is only available for the customers who have Payment Processing enabled and correctly connected.
Check this article to learn more about Payment Processing functionality or go to this article to learn how to add payment to reservation as a record without processing it.
1. Go to Reservation and click on 'Folio'
2. Click 'Add Payment/Refund' and select 'Add Payment'
3. Select Payment Type > Credit Card
You may select either credit card if its details are already entered on Credit Card tab (it will be displayed with 4 last digits), or just select 'Credit Card' and then enter its details from the beginning (step 8).
4. Enter whom to assign payment to
Useful if you have a group booking
5. Enter the amount of payment
By default, it will be the balance due, but you may edit the sum
6. Enter the date of transaction
7. Select the credit card type
8. Check the box if you are charging a card with details not already in the system, then enter the details of the credit card to be charged.
9. Enter the notes (if needed)
10. Click 'Continue' and select 'Process Payment'
Warning! Clicking 'Continue' when adding a payment having gateway connected will bring up 3 options. Only 'Process Payment' option will actually charge the card.
-Record Previous Payment (Don't charge card): adds a record of payment to folio and won't process any payment through gateway. Useful if the payment has already been processed through external system.
-Authorize Card: holds an amount on the guest's card, which can be charged later on 'Credit Card' tab.
-Process Payment: processes the payment from guest's card through gateway immeaditely.
The payment processed will appear in Folio, its Type will show that the payment was added "Using gateway connection". Next to it you can see the gear icon with option to refund the payment through gateway:
You may also void the transaction which will just delete the record from folio and refund the payment.
1. Go to Reservation and click on 'Credit Cards'
2. Click '+Add Card'
If you have already entered the card details, or if the reservation has been imported with credit card details, just select the credit card needed and proceed to step 4:
3. Enter the credit card details and Save it
-Mark card as active to be able to process it
-Select a type of credit card
-Enter cardholder name
-Enter card number
-Select Expiration Date
-Enter CVV if needed
4. Click on card on the left, then click blue Authorize button.
Enter the amount to authorize (hold) on the guest's card.
Now you can
5. Authorize another amount
6. Capture the total authorized amount
7. Void the authorization
In order to add payment (charge guest's credit card) - select 'Capture'
In new window you'll be able to enter the amount to be charged (by default it will be authorized amount)