You can send an email to your guests from their reservation using the Compose Message functionality. You will be able to select one of the existing templates from the pick-list, or simply start typing the content of the email.
- The number of email recipients within Compose Message feature is limited to 5 guests, 5 extra recipients, 5 Cc and 5 Bcc. If the reservation has more than 5 guests, you will need to send separate emails.
- Due to security reasons, there is a limit of 25 emails sent per 10 minutes.
- If you want to use a business email address as sender (e.g. email@example.com, follow the steps in the article: Authorizing Cloudbeds as a Sender for your Property Domain via Sender Policy Framework
How to Send Email to the Guest from a Reservation
- Access the reservation.
- Click Actions.
- Select Compose Message.
- Compose Message window will be opened. You may select whether to send email from template or send a custom message.
- Templates: Those are the ones created in the system by default (Reservation Confirmed, Pending Confirmation, Reservation Canceled) OR Custom Templates created by user on Email Template page.
- Currently, only 3 default email templates can be manually sent:
Pending Confirmation, Reservation Confirmed and Reservation Canceled.
- Custom message: You may enter the text message and email details manually (except for Send to field which auto-populates from your guest details).
Learn how to create custom templates or edit system emails by accessing this article: Email Templates
You may customize the email by editing the following settings:
- Send to: It will be auto-populated from Guest Details, but you may edit it if needed. If you have group booking, the system will enter the email of the main guest.
- Send From: Email address from which the email will be sent.
- Reply-to: Email address that will be populated in the "To" field when the "Reply" button is clicked on the email
- CC List: List of all email addresses you want to CC (adresses will see each other emails in message). Separate each email address by a comma.
- BCC List: List of all email addresses you want to BCC (addresses won't be able to see other emails). Separate each email address by a comma.
Cc and Bcc can't be identical.
- Subject: Text that will appear as the subject of the email. To add dynamic content such as the name of the guest or phone number, use the "Insert Merge Tag" picklist.
- Attachments: Upload any attachments you would like to be included whenever this email template is sent.
- Content: Enter the text to be sent, use editing options to add merge tags or customize text.
- Insert Merge Tag: Adding a merge tag to an email allows you to insert dynamic text populated by the system with the guest or reservation details. Simply select the merge tag you would like to add, then click the "Insert" button to add details such as the guest name to the email.
If you have GDPR enabled on your account and select a template with the type Marketing on Email Templates page, the system will display whether the recipient is opted-in or opted-out for marketing emails.
If the guest is opted-out and you want to send them a marketing template from within the reservation page, the system will throw an alert asking to remove recipient or send the email anyway:
You have two option to track email messages:
1 - In the Reservation Page
This page will only include emails belonging to this reservation.
- Click on Email Messages in the Reservation page.
- Search for the terms you need or Status (sent, delivered, failed, scheduled).
- Click to View Message.
- Resend, if you need.
We do not store attachments in email messages tab — If you click on view message (eye icon), and try to open the attachment, the system will redirect you to the dashboard.
2 - In the Email Delivery Log
This tool shows emails sent to all your guests. Refer to this article to learn more: How can I track the activities of e-mail delivery log?