Send an email to your guests from their Reservation Details Page using the Compose Message functionality. This article will walk you through all the steps to compose and send a message to your guests via Cloudbeds PMS.
Compose a new reservation message
Things to note:
- Due to security reasons, there is a limit of 25 emails sent per 10 minutes.
- If you want to use a business email address as sender (e.g. email@example.com) follow the steps in the article: Authorizing Cloudbeds as a Sender for your Property Domain via Sender Policy Framework
To send a Confirmation Email using a template, select the Reservation Confirmed template in the Template drop-down menu.
Reservation messaging options
To send a message to your guests using an existing Email Template, simply select the desired template type according to your needs. Although the template will be applied and the fields will be auto-populated, you can scroll down and customize the message, if needed before sending it to your guest.
Currently, only 3 default email templates can be manually sent: Pending Confirmation, Reservation Confirmed and Reservation Canceled.
Learn more about Email Templates:
You may customize the email by editing the following fields:
Template: Select one of the options below to start creating your message
- Custom Message - Allows you create your own text for the message
- Email Templates - All the Email Templates created in the Email Templates section will be added to this list. Select the desired one and continue filling the fields below.
- Send to: It will be auto-populated from Guest Details, but you may edit it if needed. If you have group booking, the system will enter the email of the main guest.
- Add Recipients: Add the guest email address.
- The number of email recipients is limited to:
- 5 guests
- 5 extra recipients
- 5 CCs
- 5 BCCs
- If the reservation has more than 5 guests, you will need to send separate emails.
- Send From: Email address from which the email will be sent.
- Reply-to: Email address that will be populated in the "To" field when the "Reply" button is clicked on the email
- CC List: List of all email addresses you want to CC (addresses will see each other emails in message). Separate each email address by a comma.
- BCC List: List of all email addresses you want to BCC (addresses won't be able to see other emails). Separate each email address by a comma.
CC and BCC cannot be identical.
- Subject: Text that will appear as the subject of the email. To add dynamic content such as the name of the guest or phone number, use the Insert Merge Tag pick-list.
- Attachments: Upload any attachments you would like to be included whenever this email template is sent.
- Content: Enter the text to be sent, use editing options to add merge tags or customize text.
- Insert Merge Tag: Adding a merge tag to an email allows you to insert dynamic text populated by the system with the guest or reservation details. Simply select the merge tag you would like to add, then click the Insert button to add details such as the guest name to the email.
- Click to send your message
Other messaging/email options
If the guest is opted-out and you want to send them a marketing template from within the reservation page, the system will throw an alert asking to remove recipient or send the email anyway:
Option 1 - Within the Reservation Details Page
- Click on Email Messages
- Search for the terms you need or Email Status (sent, delivered, failed, scheduled).
- Click to View Message
- Resend, if needed
- The Reservation Page will only include emails belonging to the actual reservation.
- We do not store attachments in email messages tab. If you click on view message (eye icon), and try to open the attachment, the system will redirect you to the dashboard.
Option 2 - In the Email Delivery Log
This tool shows your reservation email history, including the emails sent to all your guests. Refer to this article to learn more: How to track emails sent from Cloudbeds PMS