It's time to begin adding the basics. While mybookings has a lot of customization options, this section covers the most necessary ones for your property.
Once these have been completed, you can then progress to step 2 and begin setting up your distribution channels. Let's get to it!
Log into myfrontdesk by Cloudbeds
Answer a few short questions about your property
These include your currency, time zone, channel manager and PMS status, and how your rates are designed. Once finished, click on the green "Begin setup" button.
The interactive getting started section does a great job of guiding you through the majority of the setup process. All the pages feature a detailed tutorial and also have tool-tips you can hover over for a quick explanation.
We'll be highlighting the settings in the required sections that you'll need to complete to progress to the next stage.
Note: Remember to click the blue "save" button in the bottom-right corner every time you finish filling out a page.
1. Confirm if your Property Time Zone and Application Currency settings are correct
- Mismatched time zone settings can cause bookings to be displayed with the wrong check-in time or even date.
Wrong currency settings can cause rate discrepancies and also result in mischarging customers.
- If your property time zone is incorrect, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Allow additional bookings even when your property is at full occupancy - We recommend you leave this inactive by default. If you enable it, however, be aware that you are at a significant risk of overbookings
4. Auto No Show - If active, it means that all the reservations that are not checked in the system, will have the status changed to No Show automatically
5. Auto Check out Extension - If active, it means that the reservations that have not been changed to checked out status will be automatically extended by the system
6. Report No Shows to Booking.com when status auto-changed to “No Show” - Please check further details about this feature on this article
7. Auto-Assign - If active, it means that all the reservations will be automatically assigned to the available place in your calendar one by one. In case you need to re-assign the room, you can easily drag and drop the booking in the calendar
8. Allow same-day bookings on mybookings and channels - Enable this feature to display same-day inventory on mybookings and all of your connected channels
9. Use Default Country for guest - If enabled, the country field for guest details will be pre-filled with property's country
Click on the blue save button in the lower right hand corner when finished.
The general profile section includes your basic property info and what customers will see on mybookings. We'll be going through each of the settings here briefly:
- Make sure your property type is correct
- Write a description for your property, this will appear on your mybookings page, so make sure it's good
- Upload some images for your property. These will be used on your mybookings page
- The contact information will be available on your booking engine, so you may not want to have your personal phone number, email address or full name listed as a contact and be visible for your guests
Correctly creating accommodation types is one of the most vital settings for your property. This affects your mybookings account as well as the inventory and availability of your distribution channels if you use our channel manager.
We strongly recommend creating distinct room types (ex "Standard Dorm" or "Women's Dorm") and not separate individual rooms (ex "Standard Dorm Room 1"). Creating separate individual rooms instead of room types will make your inventory incompatible with the majority of distribution channels.
Click on New Accommodation Type and follow the instruction on the following article: Accommodation Types Overview
- For further details about why creating room types is strongly recommended, please read our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines
- To delete a room, click on the "x" icon. Once this is done, it cannot be reversed, so only do this if you are certain
Do your rates include any taxes or fees? If you are planning to connect to any channels, you'll want to make sure your taxes and fees are consistent across myfrontdesk and all of the channels (OTAs)
If all of your taxes and fees are already included in the total room rates you added, then you do not need to fill this out.
- Example: If you enter a rate of $100 and do not set up any, the guest will pay $100 because all taxes and fees are included in the rate.
If your taxes and fees were not included in the total room rates you added, then you will need to fill this out.
- Example: If you enter a rate of $100 and set up a tax of 10%, the guest will pay $110. This is because all taxes and fees are not included in the rates you have entered. Your 10% tax has been added to the rate.
For details on how to fill this out, take a loot at this article: Taxes & Fees - Everything you need to know
In case you have already created your taxes/fees in the system, please make sure to link them to the direct and/or third party sources in order to get them applied automatically once the reservation comes into the system.
The detailed instructions are provided in this article: Applying Taxes and Fees To Reservation Sources
Use the options from Policies tab to define the terms and conditions for which you will accept reservations. These are the terms that will be a legally binding obligation between you and the guest in order to guarantee a room stay at your property.
For the specifics on setting this up, please read our Policies Feature Overview article.