The Minimum Length of Stay (MinLOS) varies based on the channel distribution in question. On myfrontdesk, the highest MinLOS for the whole stay will be used, although not all channels (OTAs) support it like this.
This article explains how the MinLOS is applied in different channels.
If the guest searches for a period of stay which has different MinLOS values, in order to be able to book a room, the highest MinLOS of the selected period will be applied.
Lets take a look at the following examples:
- It is not possible to book from Mon 28 to Thu 01 (MinLOS 4 nights is not fulfilled)
- It is possible to book from Mon 28 -Wed 30 (MinLOS 2 nights is fulfilled)
- It is possible to book from Tue 29 to Sat 03 (MinLOS 4 nights is fulfilled)
For Booking.com, the MinLOS must comply with the minimum stay of each day within the stay (as if it were a separate stay).
The Minimum Stay element functions as a restriction and defines the minimum stay (through) for the given room for the given date for the given rate category.
If a booking takes place on this day a minimum stay (for the whole booking) of this amount of days is required. Each day in a stay has a room and rate category ID associated with it. Each set of consecutive days with the same rate category ID in a stay must comply with the minimum stay setting of each of those days in that set (as if it were a separate stay).
Please note this minimum stay restriction has an effect on any given day of booking.
Expedia supports two different methods to apply minimum and maximum length of stay restrictions.
- Arrival-based restrictions: Minimum and maximum length of a hotel stay which the system calculates by reading the length of stay configured for the requested arrival date.
- Stay-through based restrictions: Minimum and maximum length of a hotel stay which the system calculates by reading all days of the requested stay and applying the most restrictive values from any of those days.
This is a hotel-level setting in Expedia system, and any Expedia market managers can modify this setting. If you are not sure which setting applies to your hotel, please contact your Expedia account manager or support team.
For Airbnb API connection, the MinLOS is based on the day when trips starts (check-in date).
Example: You have set up the minimum length of stay to 4 nights between August 1st-4th and 5 nights between August 5th-6th. If a guest were to book for August 1st to August 5th, the minimum length of stay of 4 nights would apply (not 5), since that's the restriction set up for the check-in date.
In Agoda there are two Minimum length of stay rules: Minimum Stay and Min Night for Stay through
Minimum Stay: Applies only on the arrival date.
Min Night for Stay Through: Applies on stay period, meaning any stay date that arrives or touches this min stay through will abide by the rules of that night throughout the entire stay.
When you are connected to Cloudbeds, only the Minimum Stay will apply and this is received from myfrontdesk (MinLOS). Therefore, the MinLOS settings will apply only to the arrival date.