Rules and Alerts types
In PIE, you may create 3 types of rules/alerts. Click on rule/alert name to learn more:
- Occupancy Based Rule - The occupancy based rules are triggered by the changes in your occupancy and affect your rates. You can set up PIE to increase/decrease all or specific accommodations' rates once the occupancy reaches a certain percentage or enters a specific date range (i.e. 3 days out). You can set a rule to just suggest those price changes, which you will have to manually accept or to automatically change your prices based on the parameters you set in the rule.
- Restriction Based Rule - Restriction based rules can trigger Minimum Length of Stay, Closed to Arrival, or Closed to Departure restrictions to be updated based on availability, in order to sell rooms that would otherwise not be possible to sell due to that restriction.
- Compset Based Alert - Compset based alert triggers a notification each time the base rate in your property is higher/lower than your competitor(s). This alert does not work as a rule and currently can not be set to change your prices, it only shows a notification when triggered.
Rules and Alerts page
On 'Rules and Alerts' page you may:
- Set Min and Max Price Limits for your property (overall limit) and by room type. This prevents the system from recommending/applying prices outside of the selected parameters
- Create a new rule/alert
- Activate/Deactivate a rule/alert by switching the toggle
- Edit existing rule/alert
- Delete existing rule/alert
Deactivating or removing a rule/alert deletes all associated alerts and pending price suggestions for all future dates but does not revert all price changes that have already been applied.
All new PIE subscribers will have a few pre-loaded occupancy rules in their account. The rules will be active and set to Manual mode (meaning, the rates won’t be automatically updated by the system, but alerts with rate suggestions will appear in the Rate Manager for the users to review and approve/decline). The following rules will be created:
- Occupancy > 60% - raise rate by 10% (overall occ)
- Occupancy > 70% - raise rate by 10% (overall occ)
- Occupancy > 80% - raise rate by 10% (overall occ)
- Occupancy <50% and -3 days- lower rate by 5% (overall occ)
You can always deactivate or delete them on the Rules page: