Rules and Alerts types
In PIE, you may create 3 types of rules/alerts. Click on rule/alert name to learn more:
- Occupancy Based Rule - The occupancy based rules are triggered by the changes in your occupancy and affect your rates. You can set up PIE to increase/decrease all or specific accomodations' rates once the occupancy reaches a certain percentage. You can set a rule to just suggest those price changes, which you will have to manually accept, or to automatically change your prices based on the parameters you set in the rule.
- Restriction Based Rule - Restriction based rules can trigger Minimum Length of Stay, Closed to Arrival, or Closed to Departure restrictions to be updated based on availability, in order to sell rooms that would otherwise not be possible to sell due to that restriction.
- Compset Based Alert - Compset based alert triggers a notification each time the base rate in your property is higher/lower than your competitor(s). This alert does not work as a rule and currently can not be set to change your prices, it only shows a notification when triggered.
Rules and Alerts page
On 'Rules and Alerts' page you may:
- Set your property Min and Max Price Limits (this prevents the system from recommending/applying prices outside of the selected parameters). *This setting is available starting mid-April 2018
- Search or filter out specific rules/alerts
- Create a new rule/alert
- Activate/Deactivate a rule/alert by switching the toggle
- Edit existing rule/alert
- Delete existing rule/alert
Deactivating or removing a rule/alert deletes all associated alerts and pending price suggestions for all future dates but does not revert all price changes that have already been applied.