Oftentimes it is useful to add a picture to your email sent to guests, such as property's photograph, a local map or even a clickable icon to your social media. This article will walk you though adding images or clickable icons to the body of email templates
Currently, different email service providers support different types of images. Therefore, we need to make sure the method used works properly for all of them (Hotmal, Gmail, etc.) when sending images to the guests through email.
Gmail does not support regular embedded images and will display them incorrectly
We suggest using the Image URL option rather than selecting from files on your PC because embedded image display will only work with the following email service providers:
- iOS Mail
- Outlook 2003
- Apple Mail
- Android default
Embedded images do not work for:
- Outlook 2007+
- Hotmail (Outlook.com)
- Yahoo! Mail
Therefore, we suggest the use of online image hosting to make sure the image format is compatible with all email service providers.
To host an image online, we recommend going to http://imgbb.com/ and hosting you image there:
1. Go to http://imgbb.com/ and add click on 'Start Uploading'
2.Click on 'Upload'
3. Choose "HTML full link linked"
4. Select the HTML and click 'Copy'
1. Proceed to the email template that you wish to edit:
2. Choose location inside of text and put your cursor where the image should be inserted
3. Click on Image icon inside of the Email Template
4. On the image URL field, paste the entire link
Please note that only the image source link within
http://IMAGE LINK should be kept - Once you paste the link, go ahead and delete the rest of the URL as shown below in green
5. Click on 'Insert Image' once you finish
6. The image will be displayed in the middle of text:
Check below for a preview: