To access more than one property with the same user account, an association is exactly what you need.
The association offers different options and features that will be described below.
Please note, if you need to add more users and create them as association admins they will have full access to all functionalities in the system, within all of your properties, as far as there is no permission settings within the association level. Please, refer to Frequently Asked Questions section in the end of this article for a suggested workaround.
If you are interested in the association option for your several myfrontdesk accounts - please contact your Cloudbeds Market Manager or contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If several properties are added to one group - they become an association.
All association admins can switch between myfrontdesk accounts within a group as shown in the example below (by clicking the hotel icon in one of the myfrontdesk accounts) and add other association admin users to a group.
The association has a unique URL which redirects to the manage section as shown in the example below:
- Properties: there is a list of myfrontdesk accounts added to the association.
- Users: the page where you can add association admins.
- Reports: page containing different types of production, tax and other reports for the association.
- Activity Log: shows the activity of all association users/owner.
- Email Delivery Log.
When we discuss associations, it's very important to understand its roles.
There are 2 main roles:
- Can't switch between different properties
- Shows up in the property's user list
- Property Owner can't be disabled
- By default is granted permission to view credit card details and has access to Credit Card Security page to grant credit card viewing permissions to other users
The property owner can't switch from property to property via the association icon. The property owner has to log in as an Association Admin
Please note that currently all users are created with Association admin rights, so all existing and newly created users have admin permissions.
In future releases, we are planning to add abilities to specify which type of association user is being created (admin or regular).
- Can switch between different accounts
- Shows up in property's users list but can't be disabled from there
- Has maximum permissions except for Credit Card Security page access
- Should be granted permission to view credit card details
- Can add association admins
- Can not edit own status, but can edit own First / last name / email
- Can not edit any info for other Association Admins
The association admins will see the switch icon in the associated accounts
- Property Owner can set his/her own credit card viewing password and grant permission to set credit card password for Association Admins/Owner.
- Association Admin should be granted permission to view credit card details by a property owner of each account within the association.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, each unique email address can only be used to create 1 myfrontdesk/association admin. However, if the user uses an email address from the following free providers:
- Google (includes corporate addresses)
They can add an extension to their email by adding a "+ (number)" to the username.
Example: email@example.com >> firstname.lastname@example.org
Our system will recognize 'email@example.com' as a new email address and will allow you to create the Association user. Any email that is sent to the address that contains the extension, will be received by the original email address.
This workaround is not possible for email addresses from the following providers:
- Microsoft Office365
At the moment it is not possible to edit permissions on association admin levels. In order to manage user's permissions, they need to be removed from the association to be treated like conventional users:
- Deactivate the user from the association users
- Create a user in each account with the "+propertyname" email
Follow instructions from the following article listed in Workaround I in order to create a user.
If you want to deactivate an association admin, please contact our support team to do it on your behalf