Do you have an app, tool, or product you want to integrate with the Cloudbeds’ suite of hotel management software?
That’s great! We built a flexible API just for you.
This article will guide you through the certification process for technology partner integrations.
For an overview of the standards and expectations for technology partners, please refer to our Technology Partner: Requirements.
The most up to date version of our technical API documentation can be found at the following URL: Cloudbeds API
1. Complete our form to tell us more about your project and request access to our API: Become a Partner
You will have to submit following: app name, app type, redirect URI (https) and high-level integration flow (see details below).
Our integration team will review your application to make sure it's a good fit and that we currently have enough development resources to support additional integrations.
Response time depends on the number of partnership requests currently in our queue. Requests are responded to in the order they are received.
2. When approved, you’ll be sent our standard connectivity agreement for technology partners.
3. Once the connectivity agreement has been signed and integration details are received, you will be provided with the following:
- Cloudbeds partner test account
- Partner-level API credentials
- Developer support via email
4. You can then begin development as soon as you're ready.
- You now have access to a technology partner account for testing your integration and tracking its progress.
- Until your integration has been certified, your app will only be able to connect with your test property.
- While in development, you will have access to dev support to help clarify and troubleshoot any questions you might have.
- Support is provided through email, response within 1-2 business days
- Phone and/or live chat are not currently offered for dev support
- Additional API functionality needed by partners is reviewed and added to our development pipeline when possible. While we do our best to accommodate feature requests, we cannot provide a set target date for delivery of new features.
Once the integration from your side is complete, there will be a short certification call to run through some simple scenarios and verify everything works as expected.
The following must be submitted before a certification call can be scheduled:
- An updated version of your app's high-level integration flow (see details below). This is submitted via email.
- URL of your app’s Knowledge Base article, hosted on your website. This is submitted in your partner account on the App Details page.
- App content (Screenshots, App Icon, and Landing Page text). This is submitted in your partner account on the App Details page.
More details about these requirements can be found in our Technology Partner: Requirements.
The following will be verified during your certification call:
OAuth 2.0 implementation
- Permission scopes present
- OAuth flow resolves smoothly
- Going through your integration flow to confirm all implemented API calls perform as expected in real time.
- If an active data pull is involved, make sure your system has a method to run this during the call.
- If using the Cloudbeds API to create a new account in your software, make sure that you can validate the data pulled during the call.
- If your app supports multi-property mygroup accounts:
- That your app is able to correctly parse data from multiple property accounts
- Eg: Property select menu, UI designation for property involved, etc
- Your app integration can correctly handle having an API session / connection canceled by a user inside of Cloudbeds.
- If your app passes certification, it can begin the pilot and beta testing steps.
- If your app does not pass certification, we’ll provide concrete feedback on what needs to be fixed. After those fixes are implemented, another certification call can be scheduled.
Additional Steps After Certification
- A meeting with the Cloudbeds global partnership team to coordinate any remaining partnership details.
- Finalizing a communication strategy with our marketing team.
- Please make sure you have at least one property that would be interested in being your test pilot. We try our best to provide test properties but can't guarantee it.
In this stage, your app is only available for a select number of pilot properties. This process is typically about two-weeks, but can vary depending on whether any additional fixes are needed.
Stage 4 and onward support is provided within 1 business day. There is no support on the weekends, however no issues should arise over the weekend since Cloudbeds' policy is not to release anything to live environment on Fridays. Live chat and phone aren't available.
If no issues are encountered, then your app leaves the closed beta pilot and is available for all users as an open beta.
If mild issues encountered, they can be fixed without returning to test account.
- Example: Unexpected formatting, excessively high polling intervals.
If severe issues encountered, partner is provided with concrete feedback on what to fix and returned to their test environment. Once the issues are fixed, a new call can be scheduled to re-certify the app.
- Example: Data corruption, broken API calls/OAuth paths.
A brief period (typically 2-4 weeks) to check for any remaining issues and collect feedback from your users about any UI or integration improvements.
If a significant, integration-breaking, bug is found, your app might be returned to pilot-testing or pending certification.
Congratulations! Your app has officially launched for all Cloudbeds users and all agreed upon marketing messaging will be sent out. Property owners across the world are now able to utilize your technology to improve their daily lives. Thanks for partnering with us!
Cheers to more reservations and happier guests,
This document should include the following info:
- Planned number of initial users
- Supported languages, currencies and countries
- Supported Cloudbeds software products: myfrontdesk (PMS), mybookings (booking engine), and/or mygroup (multi-property users/management).
- If you plan to charge for your integration, your app’s pricing model
- Estimated completion date
- Potential challenges or concerns
- A high-level integration flow with the following:
- OAuth steps, including permission scopes
- API Methods/calls and how your app plans to use them
- Any new API methods/calls that might be needed
- Any new fields or parameters that are needed for existing API methods/calls.
- If applicable, planned features for future versions of your app