This article will walk you through the steps of transferring ownership of your Cloudbeds account to somebody else, such as a new owner or new property group.
The Property Owner is the person who signed up for your myfrontdesk account. They are the only person who can cancel your myfrontdesk account or make someone else the Property Owner.
1. Change property owner within Myfrontdesk
Log in to your Myfrontdesk account and go to 'My User Profile'
Enter the name and email address of the new owner and click 'Save'.
2. Change the billing information if needed
Ensure the new owner updates the billing information.
Follow the steps in this article: Making changes to your Billing Account
3. Notify Cloudbeds of the ownership change
On the transfer date, please let email@example.com know so that we can notate the new owner's Name and Email address in our system.
If you are the new owner of the property, and the previous owner did not follow the steps above - please contact them and send them the link to this article.
If the previous owner cannot be reached, or if the property owner email is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide as much detail regarding the situation as possible, and we will do our best to assist.
Note: in order to transfer ownership without confirming with the previous owner, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your official government photo identification (passport, driver license, etc)
- The business license or ownership documentation showing the property/business is owned by the person in item #1 (could be a business license, property or business deed, business tax document, etc).
- Written approval (via email is fine) to change the account ownership to your name and the new email address that your specify.