This article shows the most common troubleshooting in booking engine mybookings.
If you are facing an error message not covered here, reach out to our support team at email@example.com
Here you can find some of the reasons why the rate plan might be unavailable on mybookings.
Reason 1 - Rate Plan Status
Access the Rate Plans and Packages page and check the mybookings toggle as shown below.
This toggle controls whether your rate plan is displayed on mybookings or available internally as a source during new reservation creation.
Reason 2 - Rate Plans Restrictions
On the same rate plans and package page, make sure to check all restrictions that might affect rate plan display such as minimum length of stay, cut off, etc.
Access Rate Plans and Packages page (1) > click to expand the corresponding rate pan settings (2) double-check the rate plans restrictions (3).
If needed, click to edit the package in order to make all the necessary changes.
Reason 3 - Reservation Sources
- If everything is set up correctly but the rate plan is still unavailable, please access the Reservation Sources tab.
The website as a source should always be enabled if you'd like your rate plan to be displayed on your website.
2. If not, switch the toggle to enable it.
3. Once the reservation source is active, access the Rate Plan and Packages tab and click to edit.
Scroll down up to the following section and add 'Website' as a source.
After checking all the possible reasons above and the rate plan is still unavailable on mybookings page, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a Payment Processing connected to your myfrontdesk account and the system does not allow you to select the Billing State on mybookings page, please check the following instructions to fix
When you click on Billing State, the drop-down is empty and there is a message saying: "Please select country first"
Reason and How to Fix
Reason: There cant be a drop-down for state unless the system knows which country it is. Please make sure you have the field "Country" selected under Credit Card settings in order to have the field "State".
To fix that, please access your myfrontdesk account and follow the steps below:
- Click on Payment Optisns and scroll down up to Credit Card Configuration
- Make sure that "Billing Country" field was selected
- If not, select the option and Save the changes
Some users with payment processing could experience the following error: "field name (i.e birthday) is required". When a guest is trying to create a reservation on mybookings booking engine.
This article explains why this error occurs and a temporary solution to correct the issue.
Why does it happen?
This may occur when a property has connected to one payment gateway but then switched to another payment gateway.
Let's review a hypothetical situation for a better understanding:
- You have Stripe as your initial payment gateway which requires a certain field as mandatory [i.e birthday]. With the initial payment gateway settings, the guest was required to fill out this specific field when making a reservation on mybookings
- When you changed to another payment gateway, the new gateway does not require [birthday] as a mandatory field anymore. Since the field is not required, it does not display on mybookings page.
Problem: Although this field was hidden by the system, the guest can not complete the reservation, because this field is still required.
While our development team is working to fix this issue to provide a long-term solution, please follow the steps below for a temporary workaround:
- Access 'Payment Options' page on your myfrontdesk account
- Find the 'Credit Card Configuration' section (under the Credit Card tab)
- Make a temporary change - it only serves to trigger a "system refresh" in mybookings page. Example: Click on the checkbox for displaying billing state
- Click 'Save'
- Revert the change that was made in Step 3 (uncheck the box that you selected on Step 3)
- Click 'Save' once more.
Once the changes are saved, the system will 'refresh' and pull the required fields once more but this time from the new payment gateway.