The steps below will be available only if Cloudbeds PMS is the main source of your rates and availability. If you don't have Cloudbeds PMS included on your package, the steps below will not work.
Reach out to our Hospitality Consultants if you would like to upgrade your plan.
- Click the Rates and Availability tab
- Select Rate Plans & Packages
- Click to edit the desired package
If you do not have any Rate Plans & Packages created, refer to this article to for a step-by-step guide on how to create them.
- Make sure that your rate plan is available for Website source
- Under the Availability section, click on the pencil icon for the rate plan to edit
- Confirm the intervals of the rate plan/package include all rooms you wish to sell at a special rate
- Specify the number of rooms and the price for each room type.
Saleable Accommodations: Select the number of rooms you would like to assign to this package. Only the specified number of rooms will be sold using this promotion. The remaining accommodations will not be displayed and the only way these remaining accommodations can be sold is by manually adding a reservation in the system.
- Apply to all accommodations: This will automatically list the saleable quantity as the maximum number of accommodations for each room type. This is the recommended option unless you would like to set accommodations aside for walk-ins.
You can check this article if you also plan to Sync Rate Plans to Distribution Channels (OTAs)
- Go to Mybookings Settings
- Under Allotment, set the Quantity to Sell as zero (0) for the desired rooms you want to sell with the special rates only
By doing this, your base rate will not be displayed on your booking engine
- Make sure the option Limit number of accommodations of the same type that guests can book on a single reservation is unchecked
- Click Save to apply changes
When you try to make a reservation on the booking engine, you will see that the applicable rooms are shown only with the rate plan prices and Base Rates will not be displayed.
If the Amount Allotted For Sale exceeds the Remaining Inventory (overbooking feature enabled in the availability matrix), then above steps will not work and the standard rate (base rate) will be displayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the connection with Google Hotel Search will stop working if you:
- set mybookings allotment for Google Hotel Search lower than it is for other channels
- or if mybookings rooms' allotment is set to 0
In both cases you will receive the following warning:
If you click CONFIRM no updates will be sent to Google and the channel will be disconnected. You need to set booking engine allotment higher than Channel Distribution allotment in order for Google Hotel Search to work properly.