Other than the existing Cloudbeds Data Fields (CDFs), you can also create a new custom CDF to generate unique calculations or to create new descriptive fields to your report.
Create a new custom CDF
- Inside the report, click Custom CDF.
- The option Custom CDF can also be found in the Columns section by clicking ADD+.
If you don't see the option Custom CDF, it could mean two things — check the reasons and solutions below:
- You are viewing one of the Cloudbeds Reports, click Save As to customize the report.
- You are creating a new report and have not saved it yet. Make sure there is at least one column added to the table outline, then, click Save. Check: Cloudbeds Insights (Pilot) - How to Create Your Own Reports
- Click ADD+.
- Select the data Type:
- String: This data type allows you to combine multiple dimensions into a single column.
- Number: This data type allows you to create equations with your metrics. Join two existing CDFs by using the math symbols.
- Using the search bar or by looking at the list of fields, select the data field to use.
- Click Insert.
- Add a name and description for the new custom CDF.
- Click Save.
Add the custom CDF to the Table Outline
- Click Outline.
- In the Columns section, click ADD+.
- Select the new custom CDF by checking the box.
- Run the report. You will now see the new column with the custom CDF.
Click here to check all Cloudbeds Insights articles.